ScoobyBlue

Brake pads

I'd check which exactly type of "brembo" and state for what type of use. It's manufacturer of misc. brake hardware including pads. Pads for very same manufacturer of different types can be of very different properties.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, maurice said:

I would avoid their 'brembos'. I fitted a full set of discs and pads to my wife's old Jazz and they warped within months. They aren't good quality at all.

They are Brembo brakes, just everyone assumes that because Brembo brake kits are on many sporty cars that all Brembo brakes are sporty. They're not, these are OEM equivalent.

FWIW I have heard many people in the Honda world refuse to use Brembo discs as well for the same reason.

Is there a cheaper alternative to the OEM that is just as good? EBC make some OEM pads and discs, does anyone have any experience with these? 

1 hour ago, knightryder said:

Aren't OEM quality I agree...... but they are sold as OEM alternatives, not "uprated" pads.

Not sure I agree with you. Quote below lifted from the Eurocarparts website!

They know well what they're playing, suggesting the parts are high performance.

Brembo High Performance products meet the great demand coming from the market of race enthusiasts, who insist on replacing original brake systems with Brembo High Performance equipment. Enthusiasts in order to improve their riding style in terms of performance and safety while also improving the overall aesthetic appeal of their machines.

Brembo is widely regarded as the leading manufacturer of brake systems in the World; it is not surprising that the majority of all performance and prestige car manufacturers choose to fit Brembo High Performance Brake Systems to their vehicles as standard.

9 hours ago, maurice said:

Not sure I agree with you. Quote below lifted from the Eurocarparts website!

They know well what they're playing, suggesting the parts are high performance.

Brembo High Performance products meet the great demand coming from the market of race enthusiasts, who insist on replacing original brake systems with Brembo High Performance equipment. Enthusiasts in order to improve their riding style in terms of performance and safety while also improving the overall aesthetic appeal of their machines.

Brembo is widely regarded as the leading manufacturer of brake systems in the World; it is not surprising that the majority of all performance and prestige car manufacturers choose to fit Brembo High Performance Brake Systems to their vehicles as standard.

This is shocking. I actually had no idea the oem brembos were bad. 

18 hours ago, Luke said:

Is there a cheaper alternative to the OEM that is just as good? EBC make some OEM pads and discs, does anyone have any experience with these? 

A few have used them without trouble. OEM will likely be one of the well know suppliers. My Merc it was Pagid OEM, which euro car parts sell for the GT86. 

Fensport have oem discs for £140 front and £120 rear. That's pretty cheap! 

10 hours ago, knightryder said:

Aren't OEM quality I agree...... but they are sold as OEM alternatives, not "uprated" pads.

I know what you meant mate I was just playing devils advocate