Braderz26

Tyre pressures on track?

I got a track day tomorrow just wondering  roughly what temperature people run them (hot) my tyres are  Michelin PS4 
Temperature or pressure?

If pressure I typically drop to 32 psi after sighting laps, then drop again to 30-31 after 1st session and keep checking so it does not go above 32 ish.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Without thermal probe to compare temps of inside vs outside of tires most often i keep stock pressure, and letting out excess from tracked hot tires to revert to that. Exception being when i used tire pressures aswell to change grip front-rear bias back then during very first trackdays when i still had stock alignment (imho too understeer-ish and certainly of not enough static negative camber for track). Then i lowered pressure in fronts even more, to add grip there. Cheap tire pressure gauges are .. well, cheap, and at most fuel station stores. If you haven't one, buy one and let out excess from overheated tires as you track. Remember to pump back after end of trackday though.

Same. I usually drop them to 32psi after the sighting laps and then monitor every so many laps afterwards to try and keep them all in the low 30’s