Sign in to follow this  
Twigman

New windscreen - DAB aerial??

I am probably going to replace my windscreen shortly.

What do windscreen replacement people do about the DAB aerial? Do they peel it and 'restick' it ? How?

IMG_2012.jpg

16 hours ago, Angelina said:

3M or gorilla double sided tape. Got one in other car 👍

Does the screen replacement bloke stick it or is that a job they leave for us to to do?

How do they peel the aerial off without breaking it? ( 'carefully' is not the answer I'm looking for necessarily)

2 minutes ago, Twigman said:

Does the screen replacement bloke stick it or is that a job they leave for us to to do?

How do they peel the aerial off without breaking it? ( 'carefully' is not the answer I'm looking for necessarily)

Tbh hubby organised. His peels off easily, so assumed yours may too. Dont see why they shouldn’t refit it. Also check it works. They should be liable if they cause damage. 

Hi @Twigman,

I had my screen replaced by Autoglass and they peeled it off by carefully sliding a razor blade or something similar down behind it, they had to do that twice too as the first replacement screen I had fitted was substandard and the black finishing strip on the A pillars wasn't parallel all the way along the side of the screen, ended up having to insist on a Toyota screen and one of their better fitters (they grade them internally apparently) to fit it. I seem to remember that when I asked the first windscreen fitter about removing the DAB aerial he said that if it broke when he did it it wouldn't be covered by their insurance as he was doing me a favour, might be worth checking this out before you have the windscreen replaced.