Deacon

PFC.08 brake pads

Thought I'd add a little mini review of these pads as I've been blown away by there performance. 

The PFC.08 pad are marketed as an endurance pad and are the pad used in the TMG Cup cars. 

I've had them on my car now for about 1000 Road miles and 600 track miles. They were fitted at the same time as a new set of Stoptech Centric blank rear discs and National Auto grooved front discs. I run Ate type 200 brake fluid. 

Cold bite - I was concerned that these pads would be a liability from cold but that has proved unfounded and in fact I have found them to give more cold bite than the Project Mu Hc800+ front and rear pads I ran previously. 

Noise - the pads do occasionally squeal a little but nowhere near as bad as I had expected from the reviews I'd read on line. I would say the squeal is a little less than I got from the OEM pads and they do not squeal all the time. 

Wear - I haven't taken them out to measure them since fitting but from a visual inspection the pads seem to be wearing very well (as would be expected from an endurance pad I guess). I'd been warned that they eat discs but so far the disc wear seems reasonable - there is no liping on the discs so far. The front discs do have some small heat expansion crazing but again, nothing overly unexpected for hard track use (picture below). 

IMG_20190821_162530.jpg.0b2b68bff23dc9ec3b0fd6958060494c.jpg

Stopping power - this is one of the areas these have really blown me away in. The stopping power is simply amazing. On my first trackday with them fitted I found I was braking far too early using the points I'd had to use with the previous HC800+ pads. The pads can easily exceed the tyre grip provided by the AD08RS's I currently run (again, thinking of their use on the 86 Cup cars running slicks, this makes sense). 

Fade - I haven't experienced any fade with these pads on the four trackdays I've done so far, two of which were in 30+ degree temperatures at Bedord which has some quite high speed stops (two in quite quick succession after each other). I've been running maximum 30 minute sessions so whether fade would become more evident on longer sessions I couldn't say (for me, 30 minutes and I'm done!) 

Overall, I've been so blown away by how well these perform that my plans for a BBK have now gone right to the bottom of the list. Recommended as an option for anyone who tracks and doesn't want the extra initial expense of a BBK or the potential hassle with altering brake bias by just going with a kit that fits rather than one matched to the car. 

That's pretty impressive performance from this setup. 30mins sessions on track is quite intense on the standard disc and caliper setup. I've seen your lap times and YouTube evidence to prove your not cruising round the circuit as well. Great to hear it works well from cold also.