GT_86

TD UEL Header package

Quite tempted by this. Is it ok with the stock exhaust system? I do want a cat back at some point but can’t stretch to both at the same time.

Quite tempted by this. Is it ok with the stock exhaust system? I do want a cat back at some point but can’t stretch to both at the same time.
Yes it is fully compatible with stock and you will get all of the power gains and eliminate the torque dip . All you will miss is the UEL beat which is easily done later.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Yes, I ran mine as TD UEL with stock exhaust for a while.  You do get a little UEL beat, but the change in sound with swapping the exhaust system (and a tiny improvement in torque) comes with the full TD exhaust.

Yes, I ran mine as TD UEL with stock exhaust for a while.  You do get a little UEL beat, but the change in sound with swapping the exhaust system (and a tiny improvement in torque) comes with the full TD exhaust.
Did you get the car back on the dyno and get a retune after the cat back fitting? And if yes could you please share your before after.

1 hour ago, BRZ-123 said:

Did you get the car back on the dyno and get a retune after the cat back fitting? And if yes could you please share your before after.

Of course I did.  On an absolute basis, an extra 4bhp at around 6750rpm.

More importantly, it's up on torque throughout and by almost 10ft.lbs at 3750rpm.

Of course I did.  On an absolute basis, an extra 4bhp at around 6750rpm.
More importantly, it's up on torque throughout and by almost 10ft.lbs at 3750rpm.
As they say , every little helps and impressive that torque went up by 5% . I might be tempted to go down that exhaust route. How much extra did Mike charge to retune?

One more question as I am new to modding/tuning. As this removes the 1st cat, does the re mapping stop any errors/dash lights due the missing cat?

Thanks Darren

2 hours ago, GravelRash said:

I don't think the car throws an error if the first CAT is removed.

In either event, with a retune, there's no error or dash light regarding the 1st CAT.

It does throw an error if the cat in the manifold is removed. The DTC is just disabled in the tune.

Have done the man maths and justified a catback while I am there. Kind of makes sense as it's a 5 - 6 hour round trip for me depending on traffic. Insurance informed (Adrian Flux), no change in premium as I took out a modified policy when I got the 86.

Have done the man maths and justified a catback while I am there. Kind of makes sense as it's a 5 - 6 hour round trip for me depending on traffic. Insurance informed (Adrian Flux), no change in premium as I took out a modified policy when I got the 86.
Temptations and more temptations.

11 hours ago, GT_86 said:

Glad we could help out with the insurance.

Regards,

Dan.

Had a good day today, was good to meet Mike, and have a good chat. Really pleased with the mods, it sounds awesome and drives so much better. 

842C4B26-5053-41ED-890A-E9E61676F4C8.jpeg