Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

1st Service and de cat and over pipe fitted

Okay, just lost the entirety of my last post by hitting the carriage return. So apologies for poor presentation. Had my 1st service at 9500 miles done by RRG Macc. Excellent service as usual. :) Is it it any louder? Well, the obvious answer has to be yes, really. It's notably deeper and is a fair bit louder than before above 5K rpm. It's not particularly louder (well not much) when pootling about and just like before you don't hear it whilst cruising at speed. Interestingly my work colleagues tell me they can always hear me arriving and reckon I shake the building when I start my car. I'm sure they're exaggerating! ;)

Is that the pipes to go in before fitting or the pipes that were removed? The pic just shows as a link (see attached screenshot) but if you click on it you can see it

Interestingly my work colleagues tell me they can always hear me arriving and reckon I shake the building when I start my car. I'm sure they're exaggerating! ;)

clearly you haven't watched my videos of my exhaust :) it is LOUD when the engine is coldmy attempt with what i believe is a different picture of the same bitsPosted Image

Cheers for getting the picture up. :)I can report yes, it's even louder on start up than it was before. But, pootling about it's fine, not an issue at all. I noticed that if I give more than half throttle at say 3000rpm the exhaust note is noticably deeper and sounds like it has a clearer or fuller sound. This is a good thing. It's proper fruity to be fair. Cruising on the motorway is no different. A constant throttle means no drone. Basically the greater your throttle opening the louder it is. But really it just feels like the engine breathing more freely. I would also go as far to say that throttle response is perhaps a bit improved. Over 5.5K and eveyrone is going to know you are coming. :)Thoughts so far? I love it! :D

I noticed that if I give more than half throttle at say 3000rpm the exhaust note is noticably deeper and sounds like it has a clearer or fuller sound. This is a good thing. It's proper fruity to be fair.

i know right :) makes me giggle like a schoolgirl every time :) and in 3rd gear that rev range is right at the town speed limit here so i can enjoy the sound of it bouncing off of the surrounding houses a few times by accelerating, then letting it drop again and accelerating again and so on. people behind me must think i'm a terrible driver that can't maintain speed