gavin_t

Drop links / adjustable drop links for coilovers

Ahoy

I have a set of tein flex A coilovers to fit to my car.

Need to get myself some drop links to go with them as I know for a fact I wont be getting the current ones off intact after the amount of agro they gave me last time....

So the question is:

do I just get stock replacements (if so where is the best place to source barring the dealers?)

Or

Adjustable drop links?

Not going mega low (maybe -20 / -30mm) so not sure if they are going to have any advantage or if fixed ones will suffice?

Anyone with previous experience let me know :D 

I ran adjustable ones a few years back, on my old Xsara VTS (they were Citroen Racing C2 S1600 ones) I ran them at the stock length but you could dial in the ARB by adjusting them. I ran them as they were cheaper and easier to get (even comming from France) than stock plastic ones.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

If you do want to go adjustable items I actually have a set of totally brand new ones that came with my airlift kit. I didn't use them as I also purchased a Whiteline set at the same time so i'd happily part with them for a bit of cash. Feel free to PM me if you're interested :)

20 hours ago, nikndel said:

I'd get adjustable ones when I put Ian's suspension on my car it loaded the ARB a bit but of course I had no problems getting my drop links off😜🙄

I thought your car looked lower. What did you fit?

I got mine off with copious use of a snap on impact gun last time. Don't fancy my chances for a second time though :lol:

49 minutes ago, gavin_t said:

I thought your car looked lower. What did you fit?

I got mine off with copious use of a snap on impact gun last time. Don't fancy my chances for a second time though :lol:

Tein 25mm lowering springs from Ians car when he went coilover route been on there couple of years now

2 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Tein 25mm lowering springs from Ians car when he went coilover route been on there couple of years now

Ah its just the new wheels that give it that illusion then. I thought it may have been a recent change.