Twigman

How much do insurers load premiums for a catback?

It depends.  I thought Sky were only a broker anyway.

FWIW I'm with AF, the actual insurer is Markerstudy.  On my policy everything is free unless it increases power, so a catback would cost nothing if I didn't already have one.  The best way to find out is phone up Sky and ask them.

Power is done on %age and is not that expensive an uplift. Other things like wheels are normally just declared without extra premiums.

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, MartinT said:

Power is done on %age and is not that expensive an uplift. Other things like wheels are normally just declared without extra premiums.

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

oh yeah my wheels and a few cosmetic changes and fancy stereo upgrade are declared with no extra charge....i'm just considering a catback (on order) and was wondering what to expect when I ring the insurers.

I would point out that it depends how much of your current policy remains as to how expensive it will be for a whole year, and like all insurance factors, each risk is a multiplier of sorts and combines unfavourably with other negative factors.

My previous insurance was through Direct Line, and I get the impression they were only going to increase the premium if mods caused +10bhp or more. I guessed a Cobra catback exhaust was +3bhp