Neil-h

Functional splitters/diffusers

Also, not sure if it's worth mentioning but there are different verisons of the splitter for 12-16 and 17onw. 
Thats right, so if anyone is interested in the group buy pls specify which version you would like.

I would be up for it, can try to organise a group buy if we have 4 more members interested

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, VAD17 said:

Thats right, so if anyone is interested in the group buy pls specify which version you would like.

I would be up for it, can try to organise a group buy if we have 4 more members interested

I'd be interested for a 12-16 model. I can fit myself and can help others.

I will start separate thread when shipping costs confirmed.

Anyone else is interested?

@Graham86, @fudge - would you also be interested in adding endplates? I have asked Tegiwa to price those as well.

Yeah why not :)

What's the general thought/planning to avoid smashing a splitter to pieces on a speed bumps? I was originally thinking of a much cheaper Maxton Designs splitter that could almost be considered sacrificial... 

The killer thing for the price ordering direct is the shipping, vat, import duty and import fees bump the price right up. Obviously Tegiwa's shipping price will also have to reflect these too but hopefully for a bulk order the cost will be lower overall 

4 hours ago, fudge said:

What's the general thought/planning to avoid smashing a splitter to pieces on a speed bumps? I was originally thinking of a much cheaper Maxton Designs splitter that could almost be considered sacrificial... 

Both myself & @Deacon have no issue's on the speed bumps by us, some of them are monsters. However the important thing to note is, we aren't super low. 

The main thing to watch with the splitter is curbs. I scrapped mine once, when trying to get into a tight spot. 

However the splitter is such a high quality item that it hardly damaged it (and the fact I stopped immediately). I'd be more concerned about it pulling the bumper/crash bar (with race upgrade) than actually damaging the splitter. 

4 hours ago, fudge said:

Yeah why not :)

I bought a second hand Maxton to do exactly that - see if it'd get smashed up in a month or so, before spending big money on a Verus package. Still got it on, so this is really bloody tempting, especially since I live in the same town as Teigwa!

Looks like we should have 5 to get the discounted price (but not if we have less).

Waiting for Tegiwa to confirm "all in" price. It will be in USD and while its the same order each of us will pay separately if we decide to proceed.

Btw- my back of the envelope math was off as custom duties were not included and VAT will be on cost including shipping, but lets see what the total will be and make a decision accordingly.

Will start a new thread as soon as I get info from Tegiwa

On 8/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, VAD17 said:

I will start separate thread when shipping costs confirmed.

Anyone else is interested?

@Graham86, @fudge - would you also be interested in adding endplates? I have asked Tegiwa to price those as well.

Count me in to, sounds like a bit of a steal tbh.

Link to  group buy page

I must admit £1,623 per kit with end plates ("all-in" including custom duties, VAT, delivery charge) is more that I expected (although its a good piece of kit).

Tegiwa tells me just the shipping cost for 5 sets is $1,000, but I have done a quick online calculation using pricing from Verus directly ($1,471 + $275 economy FedEx shipping for 1 set) to see what it would come with including custom duties, handling and VAT and Tegiwa group buy price is cheaper. With bulk shipping we may save a bit on ordering direct, but  not sure it would be worth the hustle.

I am not 100% decided, but given that I have started the group buy discussion if we have enough interest will most likely join and happy to communicate with Tegiwa and arrange this.

I guess that shipping costs may skyrocket due oversize to not fit into cheaper shipping tarifs .. usual stuff with overseas shipping for something oversized or overweight.

Yeah i reckon i could swing it if it was under £1500 but the man maths just rounds it the wrong way at that price.

That being said i could live without the suspension covers and possibly the splitter end plates, which gets it down to something in the region of £1125

5 minutes ago, Neil-h said:

Yeah i reckon i could swing it if it was under £1500 but the man maths just rounds it the wrong way at that price.

That being said i could live without the suspension covers and possibly the splitter end plates, which gets it down to something in the region of £1125

The suspension covers are part of the 'pack' - if you don't have the pack you don't get the pack discount so it probably won't actually reduce it that much. 

5 hours ago, Deacon said:

The suspension covers are part of the 'pack' - if you don't have the pack you don't get the pack discount so it probably won't actually reduce it that much. 

Dunno. The amount I posted earlier was based on the individual component prices on Verus’ website.