Tom21

Recommendations on brake pads?

4th discs? Given that usually they last 2-4 pads sets, you probably had tracking a lot. Or been persuaded by them that rotors need change more often then they really are due

I’ve just changed the discs and pads all round on mine - I’m pretty certain they were the same ones from factory, I can’t find anything on MyToyota login or invoices from the previous owner about brake changes. I haven’t changed them in the 2 years I’ve owned the car either.

The rear discs were below min thickness of 16mm, with about 2mm of pad left. The front discs were just over min at 22.35mm with about 3-4mm of pad left. 32,000 miles and just over 4 years old. So it looks like for me at least, one set of discs per set of pads! Only tracked it once, and the rest of the time the car is my daily...

Stoptech has replacement disks and with their 309 Sport Pads they were quite decent for both road and track  when I started tracking the car.

There is a set with both front and rear disks, pads, and SS brake lines for something like 660 GBP

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/brakes/brake-discs/stoptech-toyota-gt86-subaru-brz-13-15-subaru-impreza-wrx-08-14-front-and-rear-drilled-sport-kit.html

They held well for about 18 track days, last 12 being with instructor full day pushing it to the limit constantly, needing new front pads every 2 track days (rears last forever)..

Went to BBK in front after that. Still keeping same config in the rear - doing totally fine - just new pads once a year.