PhilR

Newbie From Derbyshire

After months of looking I've finally picked myself up a 14 plate GT86 in Dark Grey. 36k miles on the clock. I went all the way to Bristol to get it.

Loving the car so far!

Quick question, how can you tell if the Panasonic battery has been upgraded to the 65amp one? Usually they have the amp written on the battery, but I can't see it. I won't be driving it everyday, so I want to make sure its going to stay charged. 

Welcome. :)If the battery is a black top, white body then it will be the 45Ah one. It should say it on it though. Also check your VIN on the Toyota recall checker to see if you're affected by the valve spring recall. 

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Welcome. :)If the battery is a black top, white body then it will be the 45Ah one. It should say it on it though. Also check your VIN on the Toyota recall checker to see if you're affected by the valve spring recall. 

Thanks Lauren! Looks like I have the old battery, from what I've read I'm surprised it's lasted 5 years! I'll look at getting it changed as I won't be using daily.

Im hoping I'm not affected by the recall as it said no outstanding recalls on the GOV MOT checker. But I'll double check. 

I