Rob_86

Help needed. Recommendations on replacement battery

So my after jumping my car a few times over the past year my battery had finally given up the go. My car is out of warranty so I'm guessing I wont be able to get toyota to replace it. Can anyone recommend a new battery. Help is much appreciated.

Pitty that you are out of warranty, otherwise and if that was original 45Ah, i'd check if dealership won't change it for free to 65Ah one.

One dealership changed mine to was (P/N: 28800-YZZJA) 12V 65Ah-590A BCI-570A, but probably many others of reputable brand and of needed type/size and capacity/cranking power should do. Eg. some used Yuasa (IIRC 12v 60Ah 450A Car Battery YBX3014 (65D23R)).

1 minute ago, Rob_86 said:

I've just checked and mine is the 65ah but it died after being stood for 2 weeks. 

These cars don't like standing about as far as batteries go it must have been on its way out then try Tanya batteries a few of us have used them

Just had a look and it's got loads of cream mess around it, 
1562250377616209556499045959057.jpg.80d92e05929df7176bbc6188c18e59b2.jpg
That's either battery goop, or something that's been applied to protect the terminals.
Stick your finger in it then you'll know :D

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Rob_86 said:

I've just checked and mine is the 65ah but it died after being stood for 2 weeks. 

If you don't drive your car much get a trickle charger. Also try giving your battery a proper recharge. 

I got an extra big battery off the net - SuperBatt 072 80ah. Only cost me £59.99

My car has sat unused for over a month before now (even with keyless entry) and it always starts first time.

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

If you don't drive your car much get a trickle charger. Also try giving your battery a proper recharge. 

May need to invest in one. As the problem with my job Is i can be away for weeks/months at a time.

My 45 Ah battery seems to be able to handle about 3 weeks of sitting idle before cranking gets marginal. It's getting on for five years old now. A 65 Ah one in good nick should by extension go at least one more week. If I were off for a month I'd leave it without the battery.

As to why disconnect - one should never let battery run flat. Once it had, it damages/reduces max charge battery can hold, and next time it will run flat even sooner. Downwards spiral. And weight wise i wouldn't consider finding much higher capacity batteries. I don't want doubling already very heavy battery just for capability for it to last undriven for two months, rather thinking of something opposite, eg. lightweight lithium battery of smaller capacity for summer.

11 hours ago, Rob_86 said:

May need to invest in one. As the problem with my job Is i can be away for weeks/months at a time.

Disconnect the battery when you're away mate. I'm away for 3 months at a time generally. This is my first stint away with the BRZ

Once a monthish my dad will take it out for the weekend just to stop anything seizing up