Richjb

Pioneer GM-D1004 and stock head unit

Hi,

I've tried fitting a Pioneer GM-D1004 to a 2014 TAS300 stock head unit and Focal IS165TOY speakers using a Reverse ISO Wiring Harness and Toyota ISO Stereo connector as described in this thread but no music comes out of the speakers when there should be, and turning the volume dial doesn't show on the display.

The sound works with the two wiring adapters connected together directly so I don't think they're faulty, and the amp power light is on and makes a pop noise in the speakers when head unit is turned on so it's not completely dead.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Rich.

30 minutes ago, mart86 said:

Is the amp correctly set to high level input?  I think it's set to low level by default.

Hi mart86,

I think its supposed to auto-detect. It only has switches for 2/4 channel and high/low frequency filters, unless I've misunderstood what the switches are for.

Yes you are correct.  Sorry it's been a while since I installed mine with the stock head unit.  As far as I remember it was all plug and play and didn't need any modifications at all.  Unfortunately I don't have my car at the moment to check for you.  Double check the wiring and make sure you haven't got the head unit and amplifier trying to power the speakers at the same time, if that's even possible with those adaptors.

Hi all,

Finally got this looked at today, it turned out to be a problem with the wiring harness that came with the amp, apparently it was sending power to a wire it shouldn’t (didn’t get any more detail than that).

This was the second amp so may have been a faulty batch. Cost £40 to sort so going to see if Amazon or Pioneer will cough up!

Thanks for all your suggestions along the way!