Hello,

Anyone who owns a Primo model.in England on here? I've read about the main difference... Key start, no digital spedo etc...all stuff that doesn't seem overally important to me 

Is there anything mechanical wise? I saw something about the breaks being smaller? 

1 minute ago, Dennis Wilson said:

Hello,

Anyone who owns a Primo model.in England on here? I've read about the main difference... Key start, no digital spedo etc...all stuff that doesn't seem overally important to me 

Is there anything mechanical wise? I saw something about the breaks being smaller? 

Brakes discs are smaller, yeah. Other than that it's mechanically same.

I do . The brakes are slightly smaller, they have 16” wheels. Other than that, and less creature comforts mechanically they are the same. Also they only came in red.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, then i probably had mistaken primo with absolute lowest trim in JDM (probably meant for modding purposes from get-go), that came with open diff, stamped steel wheels and unpainted bumpers and .. not sure on that, but maybe with more basic audio headunit or even without it completely.

BTW, apart from a bit smaller brakes, IIRC at least rears also might be non-ventilated, no? Also main lights non-HID ones, no foglights, no heated seats, basic A/C instead of dual-zone climate control and mentioned no digital speedo. Also - does primo AT has steering wheel's "flappy paddles" shifter?

But as you say that primo has LSD .. i guess it would fill my minimum set to consider for purchase. At some time in future i'd probably would buy aftermarket 17 wheels and also normal ventilated disks once stock rotors are done (checking if that's possible with primo's calipers first though), but that wouldn't keep me from initial purchase if i'd saw very good deal on primo.

Gives you everything you need to know against the standard GT86. Small things which could matter to some and could not. Same engine, gearbox, transmission, LSD.

https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/files_mf/1437051642150511MTOYOTAGT86EQUIPMENTSPECIFICATIONS.pdf

Missing items:

Keyless entry, Auto climate control, power rear view side mirrors (and its heating), Cruise control, auto headlights, Xenon (Halogen instead), spoiler (Typically only in Pro but could be optioned on based 86), heated seats(Typically only in Pro) . Came in solid paint not metallic and 16 inch alloys instead of 17.

They're ridiculously rare. They registered about 30 of them in the UK. I can't think of a good reason to buy one over a regular car of the same age. The lack of a digital speedo is crazy, the analogue one is just hopeless.

They were available in any colour, a cost option like it was on the usual spec. Here's a white one...

17 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

Missing items:

Keyless entry, Auto climate control, power rear view side mirrors (and its heating), Cruise control, auto headlights, Xenon (Halogen instead), spoiler (Typically only in Pro but could be optioned on based 86), heated seats(Typically only in Pro) . Came in solid paint not metallic and 16 inch alloys instead of 17.

This was before the Pro, which is a facelift spec. At the time, heated seats were a cost option on the regular car so they're not missing from the Primo. Originally all cars except Primo came with the spoiler, but from mid-2015 (MY16 cars, the last pre-facelift version) it was a no-cost option.

As per my other post, you could option the Primo in other colours.

This was before the Pro, which is a facelift spec. At the time, heated seats were a cost option on the regular car so they're not missing from the Primo. Originally all cars except Primo came with the spoiler, but from mid-2015 (MY16 cars, the last pre-facelift version) it was a no-cost option.
As per my other post, you could option the Primo in other colours.
Fair enough. I stand corrected on both fronts Aero was the other spec.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, seems like it could be a good option for me... It won't be a daily driver so I don't really need the added luxury of cruise control etc..  main thing is mechanically and (pretty much) visually outside looks the same! Only thing from pictures is i'm not that keen on the 16 inch alloys, but my plan is to keep the car long term so I could always upgrade. 

8 minutes ago, Dennis Wilson said:

Thanks everyone, seems like it could be a good option for me... It won't be a daily driver so I don't really need the added luxury of cruise control etc..  main thing is mechanically and (pretty much) visually outside looks the same! Only thing from pictures is i'm not that keen on the 16 inch alloys, but my plan is to keep the car long term so I could always upgrade. 

I'd have a look at the speedo and make sure you can live with it as for me that would be the real deal breaker with the primo - the analogue display is almost entirely useless 

Mine. They only came in manual, so no flappy paddles.I have had the TD na package, the maps are changed via the heated rear window switch. This is a review of her, the photos of the interior are from a different car as the journalist didn’t have any decent ones. https://www.aronline.co.uk/reviews/toyota-reviews-ar-cars/driven-toyota-gt86/#comment-801137.

a34a6f99307cce921240fce8655064ed.jpg

Didn’t realise they came in colours other than red. Needed a car in a hurry when I got her so hadn’t researched. Didn’t realise at the time that she was so different to the basic model spec. Just wanted an attractive fun drivers car. What I don’t have l don’t miss.

33 minutes ago, Dennis Wilson said:

Unless you're already looking at a specific car that happens to be a Primo, I wouldn't get hung up on looking for one. Howmanyleft says there are 30 (yep, thirty) Primos registered, so you won't have much choice, maybe one or two in the whole country for sale at any point in time.

Aside from that, the supposed selling point of the Primo was a £2.5k discount over a normal GT86, which obviously diminishes with a used car.

1 hour ago, Angelina said:

Mine. They only came in manual, so no flappy paddles.I have had the TD na package, the maps are changed via the heated rear window switch. This is a review of her, the photos of the interior are from a different car as the journalist didn’t have any decent ones. https://www.aronline.co.uk/reviews/toyota-reviews-ar-cars/driven-toyota-gt86/#comment-801137.

a34a6f99307cce921240fce8655064ed.jpg

Looks nice! Whats the TD na package?

http://www.tuningdevelopments.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2567
It removes the torque dip out of the mid range, makes it a much better drive. Feels more like it should have done direct from factory. Also includes ecutek race rom mapping which adds a few toys. Many of the owners club will endorse it. 0faa1ba8b2100cad36dd474fdf1b3098.jpg dyno readings before and after