Addymk2

Global Vagrant with a 17 BRZ

Hello folks, 

Thought I'd introduce myself before I stick my oar in in the main forum.

A month or so back I flew back to the UK, got off the plane, drove up to Manchester and picked up my BRZ.

20190518_130035.jpg.47bf79a8551e7af7d4bb9bd1285d89f2.jpg

I drove home, jacked her up and gave her a once over. All seemed well so I packed my bags and headed to Dover.

Several days later, taking the scenic route via France/Belgium I ended up here;

20190530_120211.jpg.0cfdb006e8652067a7848caab7dd028b.jpg

Apologies for the poor photography I was busy, the guy who wanted to come for a passenger ride was also pretty crap with a camera.

20190530_141642.jpg.42ee795f782fa0ef01564c824f2c0bd9.jpg

I primarily took the trip as I had a few weeks off work and wanted to get a benchmark for the new toy. She's not bad. With the standard pads/disks I did start to get fade towards the end of a lap or 2 but that's easily resolved. I've owned 40+ cars in various states of tune, primarily built by myself on the car park/drive-way. 

I left the ring and headed for the Black Forest.

20190526_175109.jpg.9c40b4c64d392d6562a57d8d8d063c2a.jpg

Spent a few days here, beautiful scenery and fantastic roads (be wary of bikers if you do head this way)

Then popped off to Switzerland for a little watch shopping/alpine pass bombing. However, following an almost incident with an avalanche whilst following a slightly pikeyed Impreza I decided it was time to head home.

20190528_202401.jpg.67938dd6b3b71de6fb8d7e6942fb31bb.jpg

Anyway, I'm here to participate/glean additional knowledge as and where I can. I'm out of the country now for 3 months so plenty of time to stock pile parts back home for a weekend of tinkering on my return.

Plans so far; Meister R GT1's (I've had Zeta/ZetaCRD's on a few cars now and they've always impressed)

17x8 Konig Hypergrams in Bronze

Potential brake upgrade. (WRX 4 pots are appealing)

TD Stage 1 with UEL

Removing the resonator. As good as it is on a backroad, on the Autobahn it gave me a migraine.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all. 

1 hour ago, Addymk2 said:

Hello folks, 

Thought I'd introduce myself before I stick my oar in in the main forum.

A month or so back I flew back to the UK, got off the plane, drove up to Manchester and picked up my BRZ.

20190518_130035.jpg.47bf79a8551e7af7d4bb9bd1285d89f2.jpg

I drove home, jacked her up and gave her a once over. All seemed well so I packed my bags and headed to Dover.

Several days later, taking the scenic route via France/Belgium I ended up here;

20190530_120211.jpg.0cfdb006e8652067a7848caab7dd028b.jpg

Apologies for the poor photography I was busy, the guy who wanted to come for a passenger ride was also pretty crap with a camera.

20190530_141642.jpg.42ee795f782fa0ef01564c824f2c0bd9.jpg

I primarily took the trip as I had a few weeks off work and wanted to get a benchmark for the new toy. She's not bad. With the standard pads/disks I did start to get fade towards the end of a lap or 2 but that's easily resolved. I've owned 40+ cars in various states of tune, primarily built by myself on the car park/drive-way. 

I left the ring and headed for the Black Forest.

20190526_175109.jpg.9c40b4c64d392d6562a57d8d8d063c2a.jpg

Spent a few days here, beautiful scenery and fantastic roads (be wary of bikers if you do head this way)

Then popped off to Switzerland for a little watch shopping/alpine pass bombing. However, following an almost incident with an avalanche whilst following a slightly pikeyed Impreza I decided it was time to head home.

20190528_202401.jpg.67938dd6b3b71de6fb8d7e6942fb31bb.jpg

Anyway, I'm here to participate/glean additional knowledge as and where I can. I'm out of the country now for 3 months so plenty of time to stock pile parts back home for a weekend of tinkering on my return.

Plans so far; Meister R GT1's (I've had Zeta/ZetaCRD's on a few cars now and they've always impressed)

17x8 Konig Hypergrams in Bronze

Potential brake upgrade. (WRX 4 pots are appealing)

TD Stage 1 with UEL

Removing the resonator. As good as it is on a backroad, on the Autobahn it gave me a migraine.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all. 

Welcome on board. 

My experience with the GT1's would suggest there are much better places for your money. The Meister customer service was bang on though - got all my money back on them. 

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Welcome along. Look forward to hearing your adventures

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate

44 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Welcome on board. 

My experience with the GT1's would suggest there are much better places for your money. The Meister customer service was bang on though - got all my money back on them. 

Cheers man, I did read the thread where you commented on them, your experience with them is contrary to what I've had on other cars/the majority of other owners clubs. I've had my fair share of coilovers from other brands, Tein on my DC2 (looked like they'd been dredged up after a year of service), Eibach (locking collar cracked on my E36 M3), Cusco on my turbo'd Altezza (rattled my fillings out), Weitec on my E36 M3 (far too soft), Konis (2 Alfas, both ended up with a ride that felt 'brittle') etc. I ran a set of Meisters on one of my Glanzas and another one of my Altezzas, both performed well.

Considering the customer service is spot on, if they don't live up to expectations they'll be coming off and getting returned 😅

The big problem with the GT1's is they haven't been developed on an 86 and just didn't work very well - the ride was comically bad. Maybe someone has done the development they needed by now though 🤷‍♂️

That's not a good sign, I'll drop them an email asking if any additional development work has been done. Ideally, I don't want to be the factories guinea pig

4 minutes ago, Addymk2 said:

That's not a good sign, I'll drop them an email asking if any additional development work has been done. Ideally, I don't want to be the factories guinea pig

That was my problem. Essex was a trek and a half for me and after doing it twice and getting nowhere I gave up. 

1 hour ago, Addymk2 said:

Welcome aboard. You might just be the second person to try them after Jeff. Nobody to my knowledge runs these since Jeff had his problems with them. Meister R's are not a popular choice for this car it seems. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. You might just be the second person to try them after Jeff. Nobody to my knowledge runs these since Jeff had his problems with them. Meister R's are not a popular choice for this car it seems. 

Thanking you

I did read Jeffs points prior to this, afaik he also put it in brief on Pistonheads

I've pinged an email to Meister earlier this afternoon, when they get back to me I'll drop the response in here