CharlieBatchelor95

Newbie from Kent with an Orange GT86

33 minutes ago, CharlieBatchelor95 said:

Ohh really? Small world... 

to be be honest I haven’t really noticed the torque dip at the minute but haven’t really driven it hard or at high RPM so that’s probably why I haven’t noticed it. However that being said I’ve never had a Jap car or a boxer engine only reason for thinking UEL is to get the rumble from the engine. 

Eventually want to go turbo but for now think I’m going to save for the Tuning Devopments NA Kit

thats fair enough about the figures it’s not about the numbers more just about the driving feel on the road 

interesting point about the reliability of UEL though never thought of that I’ll do some more reading before pulling the trigger 

The NA TD kit is a very good option. Loads of us have it. The differences in power and torque between EL and UEL is negligible. The EL is technically better for obvious reasons, but there's nothing really to choose between them. There is only a subtle difference in sound too. If you are going for a manifold make sure you get a resonated exhaust otherwise it will be too loud. I went for a full TD resonated system. I did add two resonators though where the second cat would be to quiten it down a bit. 

Good thing with TD na kit is you can upgrade you to there turbo so if you're interested in their turbo it's a no brainer. If you're after an avo turbo I'd just save and for it and forget the TD manifold

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 6/28/2019 at 6:45 PM, Lauren said:

The NA TD kit is a very good option. Loads of us have it. The differences in power and torque between EL and UEL is negligible. The EL is technically better for obvious reasons, but there's nothing really to choose between them. There is only a subtle difference in sound too. If you are going for a manifold make sure you get a resonated exhaust otherwise it will be too loud. I went for a full TD resonated system. I did add two resonators though where the second cat would be to quiten it down a bit.  

Thanks for the tip with the exhaust Lauren! I've been looking at Non-Res at the minute but with the thought of going fully decat I'll start lookng for Resonated systems. I've only heard good things about the TD NA kit!

Intresting point about the sound though about UEL vs EL I thought It was a big difference with getting the Subaru Burble.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:01 PM, Gray said:

Welcome to the club, can see you are already on the slippery slope of mods. Very nice photos by the way.

Thanks Gray! Its a bug you can't shake off unfortunatley, an expensive hobby but hey its all worth it!

Thanks for the tip with the exhaust Lauren! I've been looking at Non-Res at the minute but with the thought of going fully decat I'll start lookng for Resonated systems. I've only heard good things about the TD NA kit!
Intresting point about the sound though about UEL vs EL I thought It was a big difference with getting the Subaru Burble.

If you want to try a car with EL manifold and secondary cat still in place give me a shout and we can arrange something .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Andyroo104 said:

If you want to try a car with EL manifold and secondary cat still in place give me a shout and we can arrange something .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Andy Thanks so much for the offer, definatley if thats okay with you I think I'm just confusing myself with exhaust setups at the minute 😂