CharlieBatchelor95

Newbie from Kent with an Orange GT86

Hi Everyone!

I'm Charlie from Welling, Kent. Picked up my 17' Orange GT86 a few weeks ago. Been browsing and lurking on the site for a while before deciding to pull the trigger and buy my GT86.

I'm absolutley loving 86 life so far such a capable car in stock form, but already looking at the massive list of aftermarket parts that are avaliable for these cars!

Hopefully can make it out to a few events and see what everyone else has done to their cars!

1634dbd0-dca1-43f7-bde4-a0a87faac434(1).jpeg

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3115.JPG

Welcome along. That must be one of the last pre-facelift cars to be registered, I think the facelift had already launched by the time 17 registrations came out. Do you know your car's history?

The last photo is lovely BTW, almost makes me want a ginger one!

Welcome aboard. As said yours must be one of the last early cars. 

There is lots going on events wise as we are in the midst of summer. Check out social meets and official events. :)

1 hour ago, spikyone said:

Welcome along. That must be one of the last pre-facelift cars to be registered, I think the facelift had already launched by the time 17 registrations came out. Do you know your car's history? 

The last photo is lovely BTW, almost makes me want a ginger one!

Thank You! Happy to be in a car with such a strong community behind it.

I don't massivley know the history I purchased the car from BMW Arden Maidstone after part-exchanging my 6 Series it was an ex-demonstrator with 10,000 miles on the clock. I was torn between going for this or the facelift but am really happy I went with the 1st Generation

Thanks for the compliment the orange certainly gets a lot of attention! I was origanlly shopping for Pearl White but this colour works so well on the GT86

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. As said yours must be one of the last early cars. 

There is lots going on events wise as we are in the midst of summer. Check out social meets and official events. :)

Thanks Lauren! I was suprised to find a 2017 with the early front end however am glad I ended up with this one.

Perfect thats great news I'll checkout the events section definatley want to make it out to some events and get some inspiration for mine! Strugling to decide on an exhaust setup at the minute.... So much choice out there

17 minutes ago, Andyroo104 said:

Hi and welcome, I am also located in Welling and have carried out a lot of mods, if you need any help just shout.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi Andy,

Ahh didn't know there was many other 86's round this way, don't think I've seen yours around yet.

Thanks so much for the offer! Really apperciate that. Just trying to decide on an exhaust at the minute I want to go UEL Headers with a decat but struggling to find out what system to pair it up to with out being overpowering. What system are you running on yours?

8 minutes ago, Andyroo104 said:

I have the EL manifold fitted with a Scorpion exhaust system, sounds amazing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Completley different setup to what I was considering but I'll have a look on YouTube see what it sounds like!

Welcome

Great colour choice! Think I already mentioned that on your facebook post on the group page? :)

I was the same and was set on pearl white when I started. Then one in orange came up at a good deal in the ideal spec, plus the colour is completely different in real life and I loved it

9 minutes ago, gavin_t said:

Welcome

Great colour choice! Think I already mentioned that on your facebook post on the group page? :)

I was the same and was set on pearl white when I started. Then one in orange came up at a good deal in the ideal spec, plus the colour is completely different in real life and I loved it

Thanks Gavin, I recognise the name from Facebook

You're looks fantastic in the orange with the different wheels! As you say I wasn't sure on the orange until I saw it in person and had to be orange after that point.

There aren't too many gt86 around the south east area. Myself, Andy, there's a guy with a facelift red gt86 in charlton and 13 plate red stance biased gt86 near welling also.

I'm from deptford myself but I work in blackfen so always in the area with my 86.

I'll let Andy tell you his set up, but for myself, I'm running a tomei 421 equal length header with a cobra resonated catback.

Had the car mapped my fensport earlier in the week. UEL is good for eliminating the torque dip.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, matrixprotein said:

There aren't too many gt86 around the south east area. Myself, Andy, there's a guy with a facelift red gt86 in charlton and 13 plate red stance biased gt86 near welling also.

I'm from deptford myself but I work in blackfen so always in the area with my 86.

I'll let Andy tell you his set up, but for myself, I'm running a tomei 421 equal length header with a cobra resonated catback.

Had the car mapped my fensport earlier in the week. UEL is good for eliminating the torque dip.

Should be nearly 20 of us in Essex Sunday

52 minutes ago, matrixprotein said:

I haven't seen too many around I've seen 2 I know of near me another orange and a black facelift one. Good to know that there's a few more around I know the owner of the stanced one thats proper low.

I'll definatley have to keep an eye out for you all if I see you around shouldn't be too hard to spot :)

Most people tend to favour the equal length header, does this give you more power? Was looking at the Cobra setup does sound immense!

Oh Nice did you get good gains from the Remap?

I've probably not see the thread for this but any details [mention=312]nikndel[/mention] I'll have to see if I can get over
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/forums/topic/6771-japanese-vehicle-and-culture-show/&share_tid=6771&share_fid=153012&share_type=t

See link to the thread on here

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, CharlieBatchelor95 said:

I've probably not see the thread for this but any details @nikndel I'll have to see if I can get over

It's on here and FB Japanese Culture show you are more than welcome if you want to jump straight in we have a special initiation ceremony for Gingers 🤕👍

Yeah the stanced guy is my friends cousin so. It depends what you're after tbh. UEL will eliminate the torque dip you see at 3-5k rpm but falls out of efficiency. The EL does something to the torque dip to reduce it but it's still there but has better high end power.

Mine was mapped on road so I don't have any figures but it's noticeably more punchy.
It depends on what your future goals are
For me I plan to supercharge so I went for EL as the supercharger will eliminate the torque dip anyways so I wasn't to bothered about UEL.

Some like the burble of UEL. If you get really fussy you could say UEL is less reliable on engine compared to EL due to uneven pressure between the runners but I don't know how negligible it is or isn't.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Thanks @Badger not too far from me so I’ll try get over 

1 hour ago, nikndel said:

It's on here and FB Japanese Culture show you are more than welcome if you want to jump straight in we have a special initiation ceremony for Gingers 🤕👍

Just had a read through the thread sounds like a good show! Definatley going to try make it over!

i won’t ask about the Ginger initiation ceremony 🤔😂

1 hour ago, matrixprotein said:

Yeah the stanced guy is my friends cousin so. It depends what you're after tbh. UEL will eliminate the torque dip you see at 3-5k rpm but falls out of efficiency. The EL does something to the torque dip to reduce it but it's still there but has better high end power.

Mine was mapped on road so I don't have any figures but it's noticeably more punchy.
It depends on what your future goals are
For me I plan to supercharge so I went for EL as the supercharger will eliminate the torque dip anyways so I wasn't to bothered about UEL.

Some like the burble of UEL. If you get really fussy you could say UEL is less reliable on engine compared to EL due to uneven pressure between the runners but I don't know how negligible it is or isn't.

Ohh really? Small world... 

to be be honest I haven’t really noticed the torque dip at the minute but haven’t really driven it hard or at high RPM so that’s probably why I haven’t noticed it. However that being said I’ve never had a Jap car or a boxer engine only reason for thinking UEL is to get the rumble from the engine. 

Eventually want to go turbo but for now think I’m going to save for the Tuning Devopments NA Kit

thats fair enough about the figures it’s not about the numbers more just about the driving feel on the road 

interesting point about the reliability of UEL though never thought of that I’ll do some more reading before pulling the trigger