Lmc

Brake pressure bleeder

8 minutes ago, nikndel said:

We have one at work but use it as a back up to our electric one but does the job well

That’s good to know. Do you know if the cap will fit the gt86 or will i need to get the adapter?

11 minutes ago, Lmc said:

That’s good to know. Do you know if the cap will fit the gt86 or will i need to get the adapter?

11 minutes ago, Lmc said:

Check if it comes with a selection of caps first

2 hours ago, nikndel said:

Check if it comes with a selection of caps first

Doesn’t come with a selection of caps just a euro fit cap which I believe doesn’t fit.

you can get a universal cap but reviews seem  to say its terrible.

so back to the drawing board.

4 hours ago, nikndel said:

I take it you use a wheel to pressure it ? Anyway why not go overkill and get this baby we use 😂

image.jpeg

Don’t think I’ll get one of those for £50 ish🤪

The gunson one will be no good as it comes with only screw on caps so not like the 86s fitting.

I think you will need to get one of the ones that create a vacuum after the bleed nipple rather than trying to pressurise before the nipple (if you see what I mean!).

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bleeder-Tester-Vacuum-Motorbike-Bleeding/dp/B00HHXRBWI/ref=asc_df_B00HHXRBWI/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=232020729251&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8987588034638329079&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007025&hvtargid=pla-440840631275&psc=1

I did see a youtube video of a guy who just made his own with a few lengths of hose and the top of a household spray bottle to get the same effect.

Bought a pressure bleeder from machine Mart with a universal cap which in all honesty is a pain in the arse.

the bleeder is a great bit of kit just need to find the right cap.

Anyway job done ready for next TrackDay at coombe on 8th July 

14 minutes ago, sentinal187 said:

Have you looked at speed bleeders? Basically a bleed nipple with a one way valve

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Haven’t done yet but will be going bbk at some stage so will get some then.

I looked into various ones of these and the conclusion was that with the type of cap the GT86 uses they are a pain.

I just use an easi-bleed/the old fashioned method to be safe :)