matrixprotein

CEL 4-2-1 decat advice

Hi guys,

I know there's some stuff related to this but thought I'd ask as I'll be driving the car for a little while until the end of the month before I can map it.

I have a 4-2-1 decat header fitted and its just thrown what I think is a CEL light. I've had it fitted for around 300 miles or so.

I won't be able to do a remap until the end of the month. Do you think it will be ok driving the car like this until then or should I let it sit until remap time comes at which I will drive the car to a tuner.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

If that is what i think CEL type (cat readiness tests failed), then you can freely keep driving until get ecu tuned, what among other things also should disable those tests.  Car won't go in limp mode, only cruise control won' t work.

It won't run lean just because you derestricted the exhaust. You're almost certainly seeing the "where's my cat gone?" warning, but the fuelling is decided by other means. It's only if you've damaged your O2 sensors that things will get weird.

Given that you have a warning light and you can't guarantee what it means, I advise you to get a code reader on it. The code reader could also tell you what the fuel trims are like by showing how far off the base map it wants to go. It's £15 well spent for immediate diagnosis.

It won't run lean just because you derestricted the exhaust. You're almost certainly seeing the "where's my cat gone?" warning, but the fuelling is decided by other means. It's only if you've damaged your O2 sensors that things will get weird.
Given that you have a warning light and you can't guarantee what it means, I advise you to get a code reader on it. The code reader could also tell you what the fuel trims are like by showing how far off the base map it wants to go. It's £15 well spent for immediate diagnosis.
Cheers mate, I have an obd in the glovebox of my auris. I'll give this a go and update

P2270 - O2 sensor signal stuck lean, Bank 1, sensor 2

The rear O2 sensor is having issues. Reset the CEL in the first instance and see if it comes back.

Car will be ok to drive.

1 hour ago, matrixprotein said:

The warning light disappeared as I started it up today? Lol weird. I'll wait to see if it comes back. Til then, I've booked a remap Monday with fensport

If it does come back, take the 2nd o2 sensor out and have it in free air. All it needs to do is get a different reading from the 1st.

i find it odd that its gone off now lol without us doing anything; i would think if a sensor was damaged or something, the light would just stay on. i wont be driving it much now from now until monday when i go for the remap. but will use it alittle over the weekend so will see what happens if it comes back