JohnM

Heater seats query??

Does anybody know of any issues with the heated seats on a 2014 GT86. The drivers seat feels heated even though the switches are not activated.

There's this glowing orb of fire in the sky that causes my seats to become warm. I can't seem to reach it to turn it off though.

Apologies for my helpful response

The seat doesnt get warm until the car had been started and has been running for around 5 minutes into the journey even if its been sitting in the sun for a while so I think I can rule the sun theory out. Also its a different kind of heat than one from just being sat in the sun to long.

IIRC heating of seats starts not just depending on being switched on, but also if seat sensors detect if one also sits in seat or not. Slightly annoying, as when i explicitly switch on i want it on, while i in winter clean snow/ice from outside of car, i want after finishing it to sit in already preheated seats :(,  but no, have to drive 1/3rd of route to work prior those things are heated up 😕. No clue, why toyobaru chose this way. Maybe to save battery if heating is forgot that switched on? But if so, they could have did it just for passenger that might not be there. I doubt driver won't feel & will forget that it's seat is still with switched on heating 😕