Subota Boy

SUNSET MEET at Beachy Head -soon!

The idea is to pick a suitable weekday evening to meet up at the Beachy Head pub, and from there to enjoy the stunning views and twisty local road, and perhaps a bite to eat or refreshing drink at the Pub.

To achieve this, and to make the trip worthwhile, we need the assistance of the weather. Beachy Head is very exposed and a windy inclement evening will render a gathering, particularly for photos, rather pointless. We will not stay at the pub for these, but attempt to find space in one of the various viewpoint car parks in the area. We need fairly clear sky and a gorgeous sunset to get the best photos. 

A recent sunset session.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

DSC04125%202_zpsphqdnedk.jpg

Report this image

Some of the views (taken early afternoon), but you get the idea.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

DSC04167%203_zpsp7fopni5.jpg

Report this image

DSC04153%203_zpsaziw4obg.jpg

Report this image

DSC04176%202_zpsazgobq6v.jpg

Report this image

If you are interested in such an event, please note that it will be at short notice, as a reliable break in the weather will only allow for a few days notice to arrange this. I will therefore need your contact details via PM so I can message you individually when a likely evening presents itself. The reason for picking a weekday evening is because the area can get really busy, even on weekdays, so finding that photo opportunity may require some luck. 

If all goes to pot, then a meet in the pub will be the fall back position. We are dealing with mother nature here, and she doesn't always co-operate. We will do our best to predict the best window of opportunity.

7 hours ago, Subota Boy said:

The idea is to pick a suitable weekday evening to meet up at the Beachy Head pub, and from there to enjoy the stunning views and twisty local road, and perhaps a bite to eat or refreshing drink at the Pub.

To achieve this, and to make the trip worthwhile, we need the assistance of the weather. Beachy Head is very exposed and a windy inclement evening will render a gathering, particularly for photos, rather pointless. We will not stay at the pub for these, but attempt to find space in one of the various viewpoint car parks in the area. We need fairly clear sky and a gorgeous sunset to get the best photos. 

A recent sunset session.

DSC04125%202_zpsphqdnedk.jpg

Report this image

Some of the views (taken early afternoon), but you get the idea.

DSC04167%203_zpsp7fopni5.jpg

Report this image

DSC04153%203_zpsaziw4obg.jpg

Report this image

DSC04176%202_zpsazgobq6v.jpg

Report this image

If you are interested in such an event, please note that it will be at short notice, as a reliable break in the weather will only allow for a few days notice to arrange this. I will therefore need your contact details via PM so I can message you individually when a likely evening presents itself. The reason for picking a weekday evening is because the area can get really busy, even on weekdays, so finding that photo opportunity may require some luck. 

If all goes to pot, then a meet in the pub will be the fall back position. We are dealing with mother nature here, and she doesn't always co-operate. We will do our best to predict the best window of opportunity.

At the moment, and I stress " at the moment", the week beginning 3rd June is looking good for a meet.

If you want to get the lie of the land, the pub central to the meet is a Vintage Inn, BN20 7YA.

If you can't make that week, I may well plan another meet, if all goes well. Having been up there quite a lot recently, I have noted it becoming a popular area for "yoofs" in the evenings, who are enjoying comparing sound systems and making doughnuts, it seems. There is already an ongoing "official" presence in the area provided by the Chaplaincy service, and this may well extend to increased police patrols if the younger vehicle enthusiasts cannot reign in their exuberance. 

We will need to be on our best behaviour.

Five cars for a Monday evening !  Thanks to those who came and waited patiently for the sun to appear.  I have posted a few photos in the "Meets show and shine" section. . After positive comments from attendees,  I hope to arrange another meet here in due course.