XK140

New (and oldest ?) GT86 owner

After considering quite a few of the 17 on models available at the moment I settled on a pre reg (Oct 18) Pro model with less than 100 miles on the clock,so still to be run in.

At 70 years of age this may be my last sports car!...and I've had quite a few in the last 50 years or so.

Now I've been well aware of the GT86 since its launch,and of the great reviews it has had but circumstances have not been right to get one until now.

The main thing that has moyivated me in its direction now is that in recent years I have chopped ad changed with a number of 300 horse power cars but eventually thought that on UK public roads the power of the GT86 would be enough for me and actually more fun.

I was right!

Just one more thing...I would like to say a special hello to Lauren,whose enthusiasm for the marque and knowledge of automotive matters (and most other things!) has few equals.I remember her from MR2 forum days and trust that she is well.

Ah hello, John, welcoe aboard. What took you so long? 😛

Great move I say and you'll love it as a drivers car. Funnily enough I was reading EVO last night and had got to the part of their Fast Fleet where they have a Blue Edition. An interesting comment that they said was that it was probably the best drivers car on the fleet when you get it down an A road. I will of course agree. I think you're right about the performance too. It's alright having loads of power but if you can hardly ever use it, what's the point? There's a real joy to using all the revs, keeping your momentum and having a real blast down your favourite A road. I can't think of a better car to do it in. :)   Do check out Japfest Donington, it's a nice event and not too far from you. Enjoy. :)

Welcome to the club. Great choice of car and colour.

I agree with you about the power, the numbers game is just getting silly now. Pointless having a road car where you could never exploit the performance on public roads.