Sign in to follow this  
Gray

Miltek Exhaust - reliabilty and db

Are they still bad for welds after the flexi joint upgrade? Seem to recall a post where Lauren had 4 in 4 years but not sure if pre or post upgrade.

Like the sound and assume a non res on a stock motor would come in at sensible db for trackdays

Non-res on a stock car is no problem at all for track days even with a second decat. They sound great but I wouldn't have another due to the poor welding. I got bored by the fourth one and went for a TD exhaust instead, mainly because it doesn't crack. 

We have removed a number of these recently due to failure unfortunately. 

The flexi section doesn't appear to improve the reliability of this particular system from what we have seen here.

Thanks

Mike

My non res sounded great on a standard manifold and cat. Like others though on inspection it was cracked and even sagging as one of the hangers on the back box was failing. I highly recommend going elsewhere.

There are plenty of other options. I have the TD system and its a great bit of kit. Very well priced too.

Has anybody got any sound clips of a non resonated pipe fitted to a completely stock setup please with either the 2nd cat in place or removed. Thanks.