cropzy

TRD Exhaust centre pipe

Hi.

So I need a new centre pipe as mine is kinked (thanks small bollards). I have the TRD exhaust system. I was wondering what centre pipe to get? Res or non res? Ideally I would like to make it louder, what would I need.

It's probably easier and way cheaper to get an exhaust place to make you an unresonated centre pipe between the second cat and rear silencer. You could also lose the second cat, that will make it a bit louder. 

6 hours ago, Lauren said:

It's probably easier and way cheaper to get an exhaust place to make you an unresonated centre pipe between the second cat and rear silencer. You could also lose the second cat, that will make it a bit louder. 

Is having 1 cat still legal? I want it loud and will 1 cat make it loud. It's the TRD quad exhaust system. I am not sure about the legality. There is a custom exhaust place near me. I might just take it in there and get what you said done and lose a cat.

7 hours ago, Nathan said:

Do you own the TRD quad exhaust? or just the duo exits 

Quad

21 hours ago, will300 said:

How badly kinked?

Non-Res if you plan on leaving the rest of the exhaust stock. 

Kinked enough that my right tips are more recessed then my left tips by quite a bit and it bugs me. Thought I might as well make it a bit more fun while I am at it.

21 hours ago, Church said:

Kinks? Should you really change?

The kink has made one side of my exhaust a lot more recessed and it is doing my head in.

The TRD system is really quiet anyway. Barely louder than stock. It's not technically legal to remove a cat, but if you still have the primary cat it will easily pass the MOT. It won't be that loud with the cat removed. You may want to remove the resonator as well. 

On 5/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, Lauren said:

I would say so, yes. 

What have you done to yours as I really like the sound of yours accelerating.