Dave86

Rear Speakers.....will these fit?

You will have to adapt the oem bracket as they are only a 3.5" speaker in the rears. The brackets are easy enough to cut or you could fabricate one out of mdf to give it a more secure fit. They look alot deeper than the stock speakers so if it was me I would go the mdf route.

Also if you are running the stock head unit you will need to power then with an amp as the oem head unit will not be powerful enough to run them to there full potential as I found out when I upgraded mine (didnt upgrade to the focals though). Most people dont do the rears but I am glad I did mine as it does make the world of difference to the sound in the car.

You are better off deleting the rear speakers and just going for a sub in the boot. The cabin is pretty small and doesn't need rear speakers. Also they don't add anything. Save your money! 

Thanks for the replies guys and gal. I would like a bit more sound coming from behind me, so I guess I'll amp it and fit them, and bodge the oem bracket

They're muscly little speakers! I would add that the original brackets are pretty uninspiring. They might resonate or buzz if they were handling the 40W those are rated for, what with them only being attached at two points.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:41 AM, Dave86 said:

Thanks for the replies guys and gal. I would like a bit more sound coming from behind me, so I guess I'll amp it and fit them, and bodge the oem bracket

You’re probably better off building some boxes to fit the spaces behind the trim. The speakers will work much better than just flapping in the breeze on those crappy brackets!

1/2 inch plywood is stiff enough and fairly lightweight...