ethanol800

Silver front indicator bulbs.

I'm trying to replace my orange front indicator bulbs with some silver ones to tidy the front end a bit.

I've had difficulty finding any information on this. Can someone tell me, are these compatible, just thinking about them being led as opposed to filament.

Cheers, car is 62 plate 86.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I replaced front and rear with chromed indicator bulbs from Amber Motorsports

They were incandencent bulbs instead of LED, but worked well and got rid of the 'fried-egg' appearance. I've since replaced the back with Valenti's anyway.

I swapped indicators on a previous car to LED type, but that caused warnings on the dash due to less load. Perhaps the GT86 being a more modern car will not have that problem, I don't know.

It doesn't have Canbus for the lights so you wont get errors if you swap to LEDs but you'll get the "hyperflash" that you get with a blown bulb. You need to either buy a replacement flasher relay, which is easy to replace, or mod the OEM one with resistors, simple to do if you can solder. Or you can buy resistor packs to fit by the lights, but I've always said this is least preferable due to the heat they emit.  Not so much an issue on the front as they'd be well ventilated but in the rear you'd have to have them around the boot liner trim.