Sign in to follow this  
KevinA

TD Turbo Feedback

After getting my car back from Tuning Developments where I had a forged engine rebuild and one of the TD turbo kits done, it was a baptism of fire and straight into round 1 of the TSS at Cadwell Park.

The car performed without a single hiccup, mapped at 280bhp so as to comply with my class rules it felt progressive but very punchy. I will need to adjust my driving style to get the best from it as it certainly is a step up from my NA kit, which was superb. I took a few people for some passenger laps on the track day prior to sprint day and the opinion was it felt pretty good.

I would like to thank Mike and Nick of TD for the hard work and hours they put in to get me ready for TSS, all the details will be on the TD website soon for anybody wanting full spec.

20190408_212838.jpg

After getting my car back from Tuning Developments where I had a forged engine rebuild and one of the TD turbo kits done, it was a baptism of fire and straight into round 1 of the TSS at Cadwell Park.
The car performed without a single hiccup, mapped at 280bhp so as to comply with my class rules it felt progressive but very punchy. I will need to adjust my driving style to get the best from it as it certainly is a step up from my NA kit, which was superb. I took a few people for some passenger laps on the track day prior to sprint day and the opinion was it felt pretty good.
I would like to thank Mike and Nick of TD for the hard work and hours they put in to get me ready for TSS, all the details will be on the TD website soon for anybody wanting full spec.
20190408_212838.thumb.jpg.475fcf684d6bb706d54c2f49fe353eeb.jpg
Looking forward to see full spec

Why have you decided to map to 280 only with forged engine - just TSS related? Guess with forged engine you can have a boost controller and go safely over 300?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, VAD17 said:

Looking forward to see full specemoji6.png

Why have you decided to map to 280 only with forged engine - just TSS related? Guess with forged engine you can have a boost controller and go safely over 300?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TSS Class rules. 

Great to see you out in time for the first round, Kev. You can enjoy all that extra power at Three Sisters now. ;)

Am guessing you won't be able to really give it some till Angers in June. 

7 hours ago, Varelco said:

Looks good Kev. What internals did you have fitted? On another note whats the spec on your wheels, the fitment is spot on.

The wheels in the picture are XXR 527 8.75 x 18 et35 with 255/35/18 for sprints I run 9.5 rims with the same offset. The internals will be listed on the TD website soon, but it is the usual rods, pistons, valve springs etc...

Nice one Kev. Those aero fins on the roof. Every little helps!

Why forged internals if you are limited on the boost you can give or the power you can make (aka 280), which is well within the tolerances of a stock engine?.