Sign in to follow this  
Beney86

TPMS on every gt86?

Hey peeps, going a little crazy here trying to work this out. As far as im aware, all cars past 2014 have TPMS on as standard for MOT, and all gt86's come with them too.

Now i bought this 2014 plate gt86 last month, checking through the user manual and there is no mention anywhere about them. Checked on the online manual for the same year and page 316 has info about TPMS, but that section is just not there in my one.

I looked on the panel under the steering wheel where the TPMS reset button is, nothing there just a blank cap where a button should be. I asked one of the tyre fitters who comes to my work if he can tell if my car has them, he mentioned that it doesn't as normally he can tell just from feeling the valve. Also when i start the car and all the lights come on the dashboard for a second, there is no tyre pressure light at all and i've looked up pictures on where it should appear.

Checked all previous MOT's for the car, never failed due to lack of TPMS or any mention of them. Am i going crazy and missing something? looking at buying aftermarket wheels and not sure if i need to buy some.

If you don't have TPMS count yourself lucky. If you don't have it, you don't need it for MOT. So buy your aftermarket wheels knowing you don't have to mess about with TPMS sensors. Result! 

The easiest way to find out is, move your valves from side to side. If they are flexible, no TPMS, if they are metallic and have no flex, they have TPMS in them. Like Kinghtyrider mentioned, MY2015 cars have it. Simple way of knowing that is also shark fin body coloured antennae instead of the black one, IIRC.@lauren As much as TPMS causes grief, it helped me once with a slow puncture on one of my tyres, where the pressure had gone down to 24. Because my dash lit up, I went into the next petrol station and checked all pressures and discovered the issue.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for the help :) Im just going to count myself lucky! 

On a new topic, has anyone ordered wheels through wheeldude.com or use any UK company that can source wheels? Got my heart set on the 18x9.5 deep red grids ET38 but the uk only stock ET23's