Mariusz

Hey all.

Hey all!

So after weeks of research and test drives I finally decided to buy a GT86. Picked it up two weeks ago and I love it!

I had a 350Z for number of years and always regretted selling it. I was debating buying a 370Z Nismo but they were just not as fun to drive as 350s.

As I am going to be using my car as my daily this was definitely the right decision to make. 

First upgrade... 

Exhaust - I am thinking of getting the ARK grip exhaust unless any of you have any other recommendations. I don’t want anything obscenely loud but something aesthetically pleasing with a nice deep tone.

Decals - thinking of removing the bonnet stripes. Does anyone know if they would be easy to remove? Would the colour shade underneath be different to the rest of the bonnet? 

Also, anyone on here going to Silverstone Japfest? 

Maz. 

F90E2471-E691-42F8-BEA3-B849533E4440.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mariusz said:

Decals - thinking of removing the bonnet stripes. Does anyone know if they would be easy to remove? Would the colour shade underneath be different to the rest of the bonnet? 

Welcome Maz, You should be fine removing the decals from a year old car (colour will be fine). The easiest way to removal any vinyl is a steamer, if you don't have a steamer lots of hot water. This softens the glue more consistently than a heat gun/hair dryer and should leave no residue. Just try and get the car clean as possible first and have a clay bar to hand once you've removed the vinyl, for any grime around the edges. 

28 minutes ago, will300 said:

Welcome Maz, You should be fine removing the decals from a year old car (colour will be fine). The easiest way to removal any vinyl is a steamer, if you don't have a steamer lots of hot water. This softens the glue more consistently than a heat gun/hair dryer and should leave no residue. Just try and get the car clean as possible first and have a clay bar to hand once you've removed the vinyl, for any grime around the edges. 

Thank you Will, 

I’ll give that a go next week 🤞🏻

Hi Maz, 

Welcome to the club. If you are close to Kettering, I can borrow you my steamer. As Will said it should be safest way to get the vinyls off.