br0wny

Dan's little build thread...

Had my 86 18 months now and for some reason havent created a build thread so whilst bored at work thought id give it a whirl...

I got my 86 in august 17 with 14k miles on and was completely standard a la...

absolutely loved the car but who likes a standard car? not me so things began to change...

first off was a TD none res catback whilst it was in for full service which was closely followed by some new wheels to be gone with them horrendous stock items... what were toyota thinking when they designed them :lol: 
to many peoples dismay i went for rota titans as well, i like the look and couldnt be bothered waiting for tc105n or paying the price haha! i got them wrapped in ad08r tyres 😃

now i had the things going with the looks it was deffo time for some coilovers so i went for some BC BR again supplied by TD... actually really surprised when in full comfort they ride comfier than stock but i have them set 12 clicks from soft at the front and 14 clicks from soft at the rear and no surprises the car looks better lowered... a full alignment followed a few weeks after fitting 

i had a trackday at angelsey booked so decided to upgrade the brake pads to some PFC Z rated pads after reading good reviews on here about them however i think i broke them when bedding in so not sure i got the full effect on track but they alas they worked well enough thanks to a cold day with lots of rain in the afternoon but we shall move on quickly from that brake pad situation :lol: i still had a great time and anglesey is an amazing track

next up was to do something with the stock speakers as lets face it theyre shocking... even moreso when my previous bmw had the harmon kardon upgrade... i decided on the plug and play focals along with some sound deadening for the doors, rear quarters, under the rear seats and bits under on the boot floor - alas some decent (enough) sounding music whilst driving my fave ever car! 

the most recent thing is that the car has had some new brakes thanks to my mate giving me his wrx 4 pots and the car has had the TD NA package which i can only describe as wizardry as to how much of a different it makes to the car 😍
 much more driveable, much more fun, much more (a bit too much tbh) noise

and that brings it pretty much up to date

some of you may have seen ive had a few hiccups recently with sensor codes and odd symptoms but the car seems to be running perfect again and i would imagine the majority of symptoms were caused by placebo of seeing something wrong hahah! at least thats what solution i came up with after speaking to TD :lol: 

What did you do for the front brakes as the bleed nipples are in the wrong place if the caliper is on the correct side

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk