k2r79

Tuning Developments - Super Res Catback

13 hours ago, k2r79 said:

It's just perfect, that's what I'm looking for I think

I'm pretty sure based on your description you wont be disappointed with that combination.

Thanks for the video 👍 And tell your wife I'm sorry for what she's going thru with these videos 😊

The sound is really distinctive with that high pitch note. I can't wait to install mine, I just ordered it last night !

Quick update :)

I received the exhaust in three parts :

• Header & Overpipe

OOWmIMV.jpg

SaJ5KLF.jpg

• Midpipe

LVzKndk.jpg

• Rear silencer

bCDfsY8.jpg

I decided to wrap the header with DEI Titanium wrap to avoid heating the engine oil and bay too much.

HFn6SSv.jpg

Eo5vZCj.jpg

That was for the start of the week. This week end I decided to install the full exhaust in my tiny garage with my car jack stands, it took me the whole day which is pretty good knowing my exhaust is old and has 90 000km (~60 000 miles).

3t4sLIN.jpg

I also installed a sound generator suppressor part I 3D printed :)

Uwdrfbb.jpg

HVSSoEb.jpg

It was dark by the time I could go out and try it out but I spent 40 minutes smiling. The sound level is a bit lower than with the original exhaust when cruising and that's without the sound generator. I didn't find any drone or noise I didn't want to create :P.

Once you start putting some load on the engine, the sound becomes great ! It revs with a sound I could qualify of stainless steel sound. The exhaust really answers to engine load, if you rev slowly it won't be very loud, if you give the accelerator a dab, it will become more "dramatic".

I really love this exhaust and I think it's what this car was lacking : sound and no torque dip (soon for me with my remap). If someone is interested I'll post some pictures / videos of the car with its new exhaust.

12 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

Well done you and it must be very satisfying doing it yourself!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yes it's very satisfying but when you realize it took you about an hour to install and two hours to adjust it correctly it's a bit tiring. Anyway, it was worth it ;) 

15 minutes ago, MartinT said:

Nice bit of 3D printing there!

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

Thanks ! The model was found on Thingiverse and I printed it using PLA :)

Make sure you take it to a good ECUTEK tuner who has done these cars before to get the best result as there is a lot of timing adjustment needed, I believe. And go in with a tank of super unleaded/premium 98 octane fuel.

3 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

Make sure you take it to a good ECUTEK tuner who has done these cars before to get the best result as there is a lot of timing adjustment needed, I believe. And go in with a tank of super unleaded/premium 98 octane fuel.

Thanks for the tip :)

I'm going to my local remapper friday (HRED Motorsport), he has worked on a few BRZ and GT86 cars and does a good job seemingly. I'll have the best fuel in the tank for sure, I'm going for Total's SP98 Excellium.

Is there a risk for the engine to run it without a remap for about 60 miles ?

Will not be an issue and as said above be a bit kind to it and don't rev high. Speak to Mike or better Nick at tuning developments to get their learnings or best practise and share it with your tuner. As you are not in the UK, they might give you good tips , otherwise we drive across from one part of the country to the other to get to them for this 😀

1 hour ago, BRZ-123 said:

Will not be an issue and as said above be a bit kind to it and don't rev high. Speak to Mike or better Nick at tuning developments to get their learnings or best practise and share it with your tuner. As you are not in the UK, they might give you good tips , otherwise we drive across from one part of the country to the other to get to them for this 😀

I just sent a message to Mike about getting some info for my local tuner from Nick, hoping they won't think I trying to steal some secret tips from them 😮

On 4/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, k2r79 said:

Thanks ! The model was found on Thingiverse and I printed it using PLA :)

Keep an eye on it, engine bay temps get well beyond the glass / deformation temperature of PLA (~50c). It's probably helped by constantly having cold air rushing past it but you definitely don't want that plug deforming and letting unfiltered air in or worse, being sucked into the intake. 

On 4/15/2019 at 11:39 PM, BRZ-123 said:

All the best. Post some exhaust start up and drive by pics and dyno charts once remapped.

I will :) I just took it out twice since the mod and was in a bit of a hurry, soon as I have time I'll post some videos ;)

Today I got my remap done at HRED Motorsport and I'm really satisfied with the outcome :)

I also discovered that one of the previous owners had the car remapped in a weird way.

Here are the charts representing the weird remap, the stock ECU and the HRED remap :

Epson_19042019204156-page-001.jpg.646eb84e7540be6993e7273d3c7b757f.jpg

Epson_19042019204436-page-001.jpg.4c89e8dee4d425f89cb03e54cd82cb0e.jpg

Epson_19042019204318-page-001.jpg.fdcfed40705ad6fd7009bf9050944326.jpg

I found the engine fuller on the whole RPM range and the difference isn't crazy like adding a turbo : the GT86 should come out the factory like that.

For those who wanted to hear the exhaust, this is for you ;)

7 hours ago, MartinT said:

Very similar numbers to mine for a similar setup (except you have EL and I have UEL).  Nice to drive, isn't it?

It's fantastic to drive, I spent my whole day driving it yesterday :D Can't wait to try it on the track !