Sign in to follow this  
jw191

Steering Buzzing Noise

Hi, strange one. There is a buzzing noise coming from within the dash when I turn right (steering wheel turned through 90 degrees or more) at speeds over 25mph. Doesn't happen when I turn left. Doesn't happen when travelling slowly or stationary. It also only seems to appear as the car gets up to temperature. 

I believe the power steering motor is somewhere in the dash, and it does sound like an electrical buzz. Just a little confused that it only buzzes in certain circumstances. No noticable impact on the effectiveness of teh power steering... yet.

Car is 16 plate so not subject tot he PS recall I don't think. I'll take it into the dealer but would be good to go armed with some knowledge. Any ideas?

28 minutes ago, jw191 said:

Hi, strange one. There is a buzzing noise coming from within the dash when I turn right (steering wheel turned through 90 degrees or more) at speeds over 25mph. Doesn't happen when I turn left. Doesn't happen when travelling slowly or stationary. It also only seems to appear as the car gets up to temperature. 

I believe the power steering motor is somewhere in the dash, and it does sound like an electrical buzz. Just a little confused that it only buzzes in certain circumstances. No noticable impact on the effectiveness of teh power steering... yet.

Car is 16 plate so not subject tot he PS recall I don't think. I'll take it into the dealer but would be good to go armed with some knowledge. Any ideas?

Wasn't all cars due the power steering recall Prehaps not the facelifts ?