Dennis Wilson

Test Drive Tomorrow

Hi all,

I'm test driving the below 14 plate tomorrow and only after I booked the test drive did I realise it has an outstanding recall. Is this likely to be the Engine coil for the 62-63 models? Or something else?

Ill still go and test drive as it's two miles away and I haven't yet driven an 86, but won't be tempted to buy if it is that as seems like it could be a lot of hassle.

Http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902285387482?atmobcid=soc3

What is the reg? If you out in on the DVLA vehicle check website it will tell you the recall. If it is the valve spring they are yet to be done in the UK AFAIK, so it's not outstanding as such

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

What is the reg? If you out in on the DVLA vehicle check website it will tell you the recall. If it is the valve spring they are yet to be done in the UK AFAIK, so it's not outstanding as such

It's VK14 GWC. I looked on GOV site and it just says recall, doesn't seem to say which? Am I being thick? Haha

7 minutes ago, GT86-Ian said:

Last MOT March 6th  40,918 yet advert says 39,571

Yeah I noticed that on the pictures it actually shows 40,922, so they've put it wrong on the description.

Also if mileage is listed as 39xxx it will come up at under a 40k mile search but 40001 will only come up under a 60k mile search. Recall details need the full vin number to check

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Also if mileage is listed as 39xxx it will come up at under a 40k mile search but 40001 will only come up under a 60k mile search. Recall details need the full vin number to check

Not sure what you mean by the mileage search?

I guess I can ask them to check tomorrow with the VIN NUM.

Not sure what you mean by the mileage search?
I guess I can ask them to check tomorrow with the VIN NUM.
On autotrader you can search upto a milage but there is no percentage option of if you are searching for a car with less than 40k miles a car at 39999, or 40000 will show but one with 40001 will not

1 minute ago, Badger said:

On autotrader you can search upto a milage but there is no percentage option of if you are searching for a car with less than 40k miles a car at 39999, or 40000 will show but one with 40001 will not

Ahh sorry, yes I get you. They're trying to be clever sales people haha.

17 minutes ago, Dennis Wilson said:

Ahh sorry, yes I get you. They're trying to be clever sales people haha.

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

What do you think to the car? Price etc.. would you stay away if it's got an outstanding recall?