Sign in to follow this  
Daninplymouth

New wheel & tyre size

Hi, after many months of looking and changing my mind I am almost ready to place my order. Just a bit torn between 2 wheels at the moment, 18x8 ET35 or 17x9 ET35. I know the 18s will be slightly heavier but I’m not honestly not bothered about that. Would the 17x9 fit with stock suspension ok? Does anyone know if there was any change to the shock sizes on the kouki edition? as I’m guessing I would be quite close to the strut tower but think this should fit ok. Also would the right tyre be 245/40 and would this fit fine with out adjusting the camber? Will be ok stock suspension and alignment for the foreseeable future and may just fit some springs temporally to reduce the arch gap.

do you think a 245 tyre is too much tyre for NA road driving, just been reading up and seems a few people struggle getting the wider tyres up to temp.

thanks 

17x9 +35 with a 245/40 tyre is quite an aggressive setup, and not something I'd want to run on a stock car. This is mainly down to the size of the tyre and it's effect on the rotation of car. 

A 18x8 with a 225/40/18 won't affect the dynamics of the car and will still give you more grip.

The MacPherson struts on the front are no differnt in dimensions to the zenki. 

245 I would say is seriously over tyring your car. I'd agree with Will that the better option is 18x8 with 225/40.