matrixprotein

Looking to get these alloys - a second opinion?

Hey guys,

I've provided the following link - https://www.driftworks.com/rota-grid-17-in-flat-black-17x8-5x100-et42.html

looking at this set of rotas but dont actually know much about offsets and so forth and find it awfully confusing.

anyways, my car is currently stock and im after something slightly thicker (hence the 8") and thought these look pretty nice. 

will these be a suitable straight swap; i am currently on stock suspension.

also, is this a reputable brand of alloy to buy from?

any advice will be greatly appreciated! 

7 minutes ago, matrixprotein said:

How does that work to get it lower? Is this adjustable lol. I thought whatever it is states on the advert is what it is?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Offset isn't adjustable, it's a fixed dimension. You can lower the offset by fitting spacer (which I wouldn't recommend) or you can look for different wheels. 

Japan Racing do a similar wheel in 17x8 +35: https://www.driftworks.com/jr-wheels-jr3-17x8-et35-5x100-5x114-3-black.html

Greenspring: oh, i see that you have those plastic trd under-window garnishes installed. Can you tell of what color/finish they are? I'd like to also install on my GT86 also brz fender garnishes, but not sure which paint code will be closer looks wise to these plastic bits, in which paint prepainted should i get.

2 hours ago, Church said:

Greenspring: oh, i see that you have those plastic trd under-window garnishes installed. Can you tell of what color/finish they are? I'd like to also install on my GT86 also brz fender garnishes, but not sure which paint code will be closer looks wise to these plastic bits, in which paint prepainted should i get.

I actually just vinyl wrapped it as I thought the TRD ones were a bit too expensive for what they were, gloss black vinyl did the job with a similar result, TRD plastic is more of a flat black (The one i've seen in person at least) and I have a lot of gloss black highlights on my car so I think the vinyl works better for me anyway.

It's quite an easy job to do, just run a line of knifeless tape along the body line, lay the wrap down and cut/tuck along the window. I'm sure a wrap place could do it cheap for you if you asked :P

The Black fender garneshes were just off a black gt86, can't tell the colour difference between that and the wrap luckily.