Iceman200_6

Will old wheels fit club edition with performance pack?

Hi all, I am getting a Club Edition Electric Blue GT86 with performance pack on Monday, just wanted to know if my old stock winter wheels from my 2013 GT86 will fit? Reason I'm asking is the performance pack has the Brembo brake callipers and I'm not sure if there is enough clearance. I rang my local Toyota dealer who were not very helpful with "don't know, you'll have to try one". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Do they come with 17s on the performance pack? If the do, a good chance your standards will fit, maybe with a spacer.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

The might not  be okay with the brembo calipers. On the Japaneese website it classes the wheels as:

"215/45 R 17 87 W Tire + 17 × 7 1⁄2 J Brembo dedicated aluminium wheel (black paint / with centre ornament)"

I think the stock rim was on 7" width so it might not clear the the caliper. 

Spacers will help the wheel to clear the caliper. 

2 hours ago, vanko25 said:

The might not  be okay with the brembo calipers. On the Japaneese website it classes the wheels as:

"215/45 R 17 87 W Tire + 17 × 7 1⁄2 J Brembo dedicated aluminium wheel (black paint / with centre ornament)"

I think the stock rim was on 7" width so it might not clear the the caliper. 

Spacers will help the wheel to clear the caliper. 

Thanks

I'd try it first because with the 17" wheels fitted with the PP they are very close to the brake calipers. I know that stock wheels won't fit on my very similar AP four pots on the front. Stock wheels are definitely 7" width. My best guess is they won't clear the front calipers. 

32052745638_aa732e818a_c.jpgIMG_7362 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

19 hours ago, Lauren said:

I'd try it first because with the 17" wheels fitted with the PP they are very close to the brake calipers. I know that stock wheels won't fit on my very similar AP four pots on the front. Stock wheels are definitely 7" width. My best guess is they won't clear the front calipers. 

32052745638_aa732e818a_c.jpgIMG_7362 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

Thanks Lauren. I'll give it a go when I get my car.

Hi Iceman,

What was the conclusion here?

I have just picked up the same car and have some 2014 wheels that I was considering running some winter tyres on if the weather gets bad.

It would be good to know if those wheels and also if the skinny steel space saver (that I also have) would fit or not.

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Andrew.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:41 PM, AJM said:

Hi Iceman,

What was the conclusion here?

I have just picked up the same car and have some 2014 wheels that I was considering running some winter tyres on if the weather gets bad.

It would be good to know if those wheels and also if the skinny steel space saver (that I also have) would fit or not.

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Andrew.

I never tried them, sorry. I decided  that I would stick some cross climates on the wheels that came with my car and buy some new summer ones as my wheels have some curb rash on them.

No idea on the space saver but I don't think it would work due to the clearance. I've not got a spare wheel.

If the performance pack wheels are 7.5J and stock are 7J you might nee to get some spacers i.e. 10mm for them to fit over the brakes. 

Regarding the space saver, WRX STi 17 inch one fits over my Reyland BBK so should fit the brembos as they are more or less similar to the ones on the STi. 

Thanks Iceman/Vanko.

The clearance from the spokes to the caliper is so small on the wheels fitted that it looks very likely the 2014 17" OEM wheels I have won't fit - shame...

Interesting point about the space saver Vanko - I will try both spare and old wheel simply out of curiosity at some point soon.

I do like the look of these as a summer wheel: https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/oz-racing-i-tech-alleggerita-hlt-alloy-wheels-in-matt-black-set-of-4-2000466/

Again, I appreciate both replies - thanks!

On 2/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, AJM said:

Thanks Iceman/Vanko.

The clearance from the spokes to the caliper is so small on the wheels fitted that it looks very likely the 2014 17" OEM wheels I have won't fit - shame...

Interesting point about the space saver Vanko - I will try both spare and old wheel simply out of curiosity at some point soon.

I do like the look of these as a summer wheel: https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/oz-racing-i-tech-alleggerita-hlt-alloy-wheels-in-matt-black-set-of-4-2000466/

Again, I appreciate both replies - thanks!

Did you get anywhere with trying the spare?  Also looking for a space saver to go over the pp Brembos.

Hi Throbbe,

No, I didn't. 

However, I was thinking that it will definitely work over the rear brakes, so if I did puncture on the front, I'd swap a rear to front and pop the space saver on the rear.

A little bit of faff, but workable.

How are you finding your car?

I wouldn't fit a space saver on the back. The circumference of the 2 wheels will be different and that would damage the limited slip diff at some point. 

This style space saver would fit over the brembo as it come off WRX STI with the same brembo kit. 

Screenshot_20200825-222548_Chrome.jpg