vanko25

BBK or better discs/pads

Lauren: DS2500 (on stock brakes) worked for me with medium grip tires and short track sessions. But weren't upto job for sessions 20min and up. While they should do ok on street, imho a bit short for long sessions, or tracking on car with forced induction. Of course they were still better then stock pads (with exception of lot of dusting), and would be more capable on BBK, but i wouldn't call them much of track pads imho.

17 hours ago, vanko25 said:

It all point towards a BBK kit then. The car will be going to RRG in April/May for the recall so might as well get Garry to fit the Reyland kit. 

Eyes wide open, you won't regret your choice. A bigger calliper, pad and disc will need a less severe pad to function well. There's nothing like having meaty callipers to make a car look like it means business.

I'm pleased to hear at least some of the relevant BBKs are fit and forget.

BW, if going BBK route, double check wheel clearance (for example by first inquiring from seller/vendor brake fitment template). If without any care just installing them, and only after that finding out that old wheels won't clear for example, it won't be pleasant if one needs asap to get new wheels, or at very least spacers and longer studs, or put back old brakes to make it drivable again.

Regarding which BBK choice .. i'd usually check two things - 1) how much/if vendor took any care when designing/assembling specific BBK kit, to keep brake bias close to stock, 2) how common are pad shapes and rotors used in BBK (to broaden available pad choices and to save on track wearables longterm).