TomsGT86

Buying a SARD LSR Replica Wing

I'm looking to buy and fit a SARD LSR wing, cant quite justify the price of an official one so will be going down the replica route.

Has anyone bought or imported one? The plastic or carbon one?

Realistically i will be buying it from FT86 speedfactory, they look popular with the forum, have people had good experiences with them?

These get more and more popular! Bought mine second hand off a forum member, the carbon was actually complimented on by a body shop for how good the quality was.

Have no issues with build quality. Just make sure you get something to protect the bootlid, I cut some clear 3M tape to fit where the clamps go on the outside and some rubbers to fit on the inside. 

@Lowe, perhaps you could shed some light on where it originally came from? 😂

Yeah they come from China. There's various sites for the Chinese manufacturers, take your time looking through them and see if you can get a deal. The biggest issue you'll have is that they all tend to use the same generic stock pictures, so you'll have no idea on the quality of the item you're buying. I've been considering getting a couple more in if demand is there since I know that the ones I can get hold of are decent.

2 hours ago, Lowe said:

Yeah they come from China. There's various sites for the Chinese manufacturers, take your time looking through them and see if you can get a deal. The biggest issue you'll have is that they all tend to use the same generic stock pictures, so you'll have no idea on the quality of the item you're buying. I've been considering getting a couple more in if demand is there since I know that the ones I can get hold of are decent.

If this eBay one doesn't work out then i'd be very interested in getting one from you @Lowe.

If there is interest from other members, how much would one be?

No idea to be honest on cost. It all depends on the exchange rate at the time, how many they have in stock, number you buy etc. Around £450 is typical though once you've paid for shipping and customs charges.

They sell them on Aliexpress cheap. Up to you if you think it's worth the risk but it's probably made in the same factory as the ft86speedfactory ones 😂

1 hour ago, lintgfx said:

They sell them on Aliexpress cheap. Up to you if you think it's worth the risk but it's probably made in the same factory as the ft86speedfactory ones 😂

I think you're probably right about that.  I bought a carbon replica TRD style spoiler from Ali Express; the quality was good, but far from perfect.  For the £120 or whatever it was, I shouldn't complain tho 😂