GoonerKev

At last...

They were indeed an option as I specified side stripes when I bought mine. These are not the optional stripes though. 
Interesting. Then probably done by a vinyl printer is what I will guess.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

They were indeed an option as I specified side stripes when I bought mine. These are not the optional stripes though. 

Lauren

So what is the difference of the stripes on mine to yours please !

47 minutes ago, GoonerKev said:

Lauren

So what is the difference of the stripes on mine to yours please !

I'm sure you can see the difference, Kev! 🤣

The depth of the stripes, the length of the stripes and angles plus the GT86 moniker are all different. 

1st thing I am going to get is an armrest for it, certainly not going to pay silly ebay prices I have seen (over £120), so will go on some scrap car sites to see if any are going, I may get lucky !

Yes an armrest is a very worthwhile addition to the interior and its so easy to fit. Michelin primacies for fun slips and yokos for fun grips when it comes to tyres too. 

Had a call today from the Toyota dealer, all the new Disc's, Pad's & Tyres fitted (Yokohama Prestivo Sport) read reviews on them, some mixed comments, but overall good. As i'm only going to do less than 3000 miles a year, i'm happy with that. He also confirmed that it is on the Re-Call list, so will be waiting like the rest of us. They hav'nt even trained their mechanics yet. Picking up Wednesday................................Can't wait 😉

Sorry to put a downer on your excitement. Prestivo Tyres are 'part of the Yokohama family'... make of that what you will.  They are not sold as Yokohama tyres. They are about £50 a tyre. I honestly wouldn't accept this. These are TDFs (Taiwanese Ditch Finders). They are putting shite tyres on your car. Top tyres my arse. Sorry, but they are taking the piss. If they are charging you for these I would not accept it. Yokohama V105's as a minimum in all honesty. 

Lauren

I had already stated that they are Yokohama tyres !

Point taken about your views on them, but as I have already said, I don't intend to "Track day" the car or attempt any kind of drifting in it either, I just want a nice looking car that we all have, also they are not charging me one penny & if like you said, they prove to be dangerous, then they will be returned pronto. I have some influence in the road safety area being in the Fire service and some clout to rectify the situation if it does arise. That all being said, I will look at some more reviews on them but to be honest it's about 70% to 30% in thier favour on "Normal" driving. We will see what happens !!!😉😉

Kev that's fair enough, though I'm also concerned that the dealer has not been honest with you and not gone for 'top' tyres but budget ones. The car is particularly sensitive to tyres it seems. I expect you're well used to rear wheel drive so you have that experience which is good. I did some looking into those tyres last night, they won't have Yokohama on them. But all said and done be careful in the wet as that's where you'll really notice it. 

Enjoy tomorrow. :)

Lauren

Indeed, spent half my driving life on rear wheel drive vehicles (including, good old Crossply's)😉

The STRONG email to the dealer was sent last night, ending with......... "If the new tyres, are not at least Primacy ones" then the deal is off" theres always another car around the corner👍

Thank you😉

No worries I just want you to enjoy the car and obviously not to end up in the first available ditch. ;) 

I'm not old enough to have had much experience with crossplys, but my first rear wheel drive car was a 2.3 Firenza with 175 dodgy tyres. Spun it, first time I drove it in the wet! 😂

Had an update from Dealer, he said he would put on Primacies for an extra £70 each totaling £280, instead of the cheap Prestivo Tyres.  I have told him to go and swing one😡. Due to pick up tomorrow afternoon. I am holding my ground on this, let's see if they want to do a deal or not !!

1 hour ago, GoonerKev said:

Had an update from Dealer, he said he would put on Primacies for an extra £70 each totaling £280, instead of the cheap Prestivo Tyres.  I have told him to go and swing one😡. Due to pick up tomorrow afternoon. I am holding my ground on this, let's see if they want to do a deal or not !!

Ask for Yokohama V105 extra load. Not quite as grippy as the PS4 but a really good fun tyre that is better than the Primacy by miles. I don't blame you for telling him that. Shows how cheap the TDF's were. V105s are £80 inc VAT per corner and likely less than the Primacy tyre or around the same. 

Your dealer is pretty much charging you full price for the Primacy tyre. Don't give in!

You're right not to accept those, they're taking the piss. 

A number of years ago I almost bought an S2000 until the Honda dealer replaced the worn out Bridgestones with Ling Longs and couldn't understand why I wasn't jumping for joy. Actually refused to change them, haha.

3 minutes ago, Gray said:

4 hours ago, GoonerKev said:

Quite right. Hold your ground, they said they would fit Top tyres so that's what you should expect.

Not sure where you are buying, Motorline Gatwick? If so I would suggest you check, double check and triple check all paperwork and the car inside and out before you accept the car. I know others have good comments about them but alas my experience was not the best.

I certainly will be checking everything Gray😉, I think the salesman must be getting a bit nervous with all the tech questions i keep asking😄. So if the deal does not finalise in my favour, I will walk away......with the middle finger held high🖕😆