JohnM

Finally got around to first wax

I have had the car now for 3 weeks and finally got round to giving the 86 a proper clean and wax.

No before or during pictures but happy with the result. 

Products used are Gyeon Bathe + to clean. Clay barred and then Auto finesse Ultra Glaze to prep and then 2 coats of Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid wax. Wheels cleaned with Auto Finesse wheel cleaner and finished off with Auto Finesse mint rims and Chemical Guys Tyre Dressing to complete. Class cleaned with Gyeon Prep and then finished off with Auto Finesse Vision.

side1.jpg

car front.jpg

side.jpg

Looking good! White is hard to show off in pictures but that looks like a good effort

What do you think of the gyeon bathe+?  keep thinking of trying some of their stuff

looks good but... 
no decon stages? and why wash with gyeon bathe+ then use a wax with carnauba in? would have been better to use gyeon cancoat after the bathe+ and skip out the glaze

23 minutes ago, br0wny said:

looks good but... 
no decon stages? and why wash with gyeon bathe+ then use a wax with carnauba in? would have been better to use gyeon cancoat after the bathe+ and skip out the glaze

If clay barred it wouldn't have needed further decontaminating anyway unless suffering from baked on brake dust of anything really?

Before I gave mine a full correction with a DA polisher I found a glaze did offer a good amount of filling for hiding swirls etc so usually worth adding if working by hand :) 

I am not familiar with the gyeon range is the bathe+ something that wash and waxes?

The full DA polish with a full strip down and clean will be done once the weather gets better which is why I only did a quick clay bar and ultra glaze. The ultra glaze masks and fills any minor swirls and the supernatural will make it easier to wash before the summer. Hybrid is good for the winter/spring months but for the summer I will use Auto finesse Illusion which will really show of the flake in the pearl white paint.

Gyeon Bath+ is probably the best wash I have used as I normally stick with Auto finesse products. This was on offer so I thought I would give it a try. It doesnt dry streaky and adds a bit of extra protection in between waxes. Also a little goes a long way as you only need a small amount.

On 4/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, gavin_t said:

If clay barred it wouldn't have needed further decontaminating anyway unless suffering from baked on brake dust of anything really?

Before I gave mine a full correction with a DA polisher I found a glaze did offer a good amount of filling for hiding swirls etc so usually worth adding if working by hand :) 

I am not familiar with the gyeon range is the bathe+ something that wash and waxes?

sorry for the late reply, not been on in a while

clay should get most off tbf, but always worth giving areas that get heavily soiled a bit of a spray with iron out/similar

glaze does help hide stuff but thats all it does which isnt ideal 

bathe+ is shampoo+si02 so yeh essentially wash and wax but with si02 protection rather than wax so he's essentially protected the car then stripped the protection to put on a different type of product... 

Planning on doing the first DA run of the year over the next 2 days due to the nice weather for once. So updated pictures by the end of the week as the car has changed slightly since collecting. I will be putting AF illusion on this time rather than dodo supernatural hybrid as looks rather than durability is the aim of the game over the summer months.

Updated pictures of the frt and rear as it stands now. AF illusion is perfect for the white pearl but it is only a 2/3 month durability. The pictures dont show up just how much flake is brought out using this wax especially when the sun hits it.

frt1.jpg

rear1.jpg