Sign in to follow this  
Leeky

“Reverse Trigger” required for reverse camera on TAS300?

Hey all,

I couldnt find the answer doing a search, so starting a new thread. Does anyone on here have a reversing camera they have fitted themselves to the OEM TAS300 headunit?

Has anyone had to tap the pink reverse trigger wire for their camera installs to work?

I bought the genuine Toyota ‘FIT’ camera from the US (nearly £100!) and it comes with a 24-pin harness adaptor. I’ve fitted it all, but it doesnt appear to work at all.

According to the instructions, on some cars its required to run a cable from one of the pins on the 28-pin harness down to the pink reverse trigger wire in the passenger footwell - which is fine as I found this cable. However the other end on the 28-pin connector already has a wire in it which doesnt match the instructions.

I suspect the 24-pin loom I have is for the facelift cars with the TAS400 and what I need to do here is purchase a 16-pin harness or transfer the pins from the 24-pin harness across into the 16pin connector.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as im tearing out my hair over this lol

cheers!

Crisis over! I’ve manage to figure this out myself.

FYI for anyone else doing a reversing cam install:

1. The Reverse trigger is not required to be tapped on UK cars. All the US FRS guides tend to tell you to run a cable down to tap into the pink reverse trigger cable in the footwell, but on the UK cars its already connected via an existing pin on the 28pin harness.

2. Some online guides tell you to go into the ‘hidden menu’ on the TAS300 to enable the ‘camera’ option. But this hidden menu doesnt appear to be available on the models without nav. So i didnt do this,

3. If you buy the Genuine Toyota ‘Fit’ kit off ebay, try and confirm beforehand that the version they are going to send you has the 16 pin connector and not the 24-pin connector like I was sent. The 24-pin connector only fits to the SatNav port and looking at the wiring diagram there doesn’t appear to be any pins on this connector that support video input. I can only assume this version of the cable they sent me is for the facelift 2017+ cars with the TAS400. So i had to dismantle the 24-pin harness they sent me and transfer across the two pins into the existing 16-pin connector I had in the back of the headunit already.

Now its all up and running beautifully.