kellya

Gear Indicator?

I got my 86 just before Christmas, its a 14 plate on around 35k.

I noticed from looking at some other posts that I don't seem to have a gear or shift indicator on my tac, I youtube'd it and followed the steps but still can't get it to appear.

Is it only on later models or am I missing something?

Last bit slightly annoying. Gives off impression of badly lagging interface. Of course i know it's because what gear to display is calculated from wheel speed sensors and engine rpms, thus i get why no display with clutch disengaged and why the lag, but still, annoying lag.

BTW, due how it calculates, with some final drive/gearing changes gear indicator may get wrong.

It could be switched in menus IIRC with engine off, in accessory or full on but w/o engine mode, though my memory may fail me. Of course, better consult manual.

Imho currently you are setting gear-switch/redline alarm adjusting (red circle on top of dash with optional beep signalling of redline soon & suggesting to upshift).

You don't see gear indicator option in menus from tachometer reading in pic probably because your engine is running.

Circle around menus when parked, in accessory mode (single start button press w/o clutch pressed).

Bit of a late response but I've followed the steps like in the video I linked above and ensured I was only in accessory mode and I still don't seem to have the option available, any ideas?

I got the car approved used, so any chance of a previous map removing the option or something similar?

No chance of anything removing the option, you are simply not doing it right. I can honestly never remember how to do it, but a bit of fiddling pressing the buttons to the right of the binnacle should get a 'g/on' which is what you are looking for. 

The video is right in accessory mode (on press of the start button without clutch depressed) then using the odo button to cycle through. 

21 hours ago, vanko25 said:

Try pressing odo or trip button with everything off. I had to do it the other day and my car is 13 reg too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

THIS!

Contradicts what I’ve read, but worked like a charm.

Glad it worked. 

I remember that one of the 2 on-offs was with everything off and the other was with acc on. Usually after battery disconnect I set off and remember to set stuff on the go. :D And then realise that it is the buzzer (rev limiter) that is with acc or with engine on and stationary and gear indicator with everything off. 

Try pressing odo or trip button with everything off. I had to do it the other day and my car is 13 reg too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Solved the problem! Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk