Borvad

Potential future owner - tall person question

Hi guys, I'm seriously considering the GT86 as one of my choices for my next car......my query is this, I'm 6'6" tall, and height is all in my legs at 38".

Is there enough room, with the seat going back and the steering wheel being able to be raised......or am I wasting my time?

I'm not bothered about the room in the back as a result, as nobody can sit behind me anyway no matter what car I drive.

I do have the option to go and test drive one at my local dealer....but just wondering if it would be a wasted trip

thanks, in advance

I think it’s also down to your preferred driving position...

I like my legs as straight out in front of me as possible, within reason. And I like the seat back as upright as I can get whilst remaining comfortable.

I’m 5’11” and my perfect driving position in the GT86 still has a few notches to go til fully back on the seat rails. It took quite some time to find a suitably comfortable position though!

If you’re serious about the car go for a test drive regardless. I was a little underwhelmed the first time I took one for a drive, couldn’t find the driving position ‘sweet spot’ either. I’m so glad I kept my patience and tried again! 😀

Once you get a good driving position the car fits like a glove and the seats are some of the best I've known.  Very comfortable over long drives.

I'm only 5' 10" (in old money) so no height problem for me, and I like a position like @TommyC which is more upright than some.

Go for a test drive but make sure the seat is tilted back. I struggled to get in or out of the car and had my head up against the roof first time I tried the car, turns out the dealer had folded the seat forward then when it goes back up it stops at an awkward angle. I’m 6’3 with long arms and legs and can drive fine. Have got a few ideas to help improve in the future, j-luth steering wheel smaller and sits closer to the driver so will give my legs more room. And maybe a new seat if I can get it a bit lower that would be ideal as I haven’t tried wearing s helmet in mine yet

Just to echo the above - definitely go test drive the car. I'm 6'4" and I fit but it's close. My issue is the steering wheel can get close to my knee unless my seat is all the way back. It is a shame the cars don't have a little more reach adjustment on the wheel. I have looked at the possibility of fitting lower seat rails and some buckets at some point. I should add I'm also 17 and a half stone so I'm not a small driver. Fingers crossed you fit. Awesome cars!