JohnM

Rear parcel shelf query

Good evening.

So during the rear window being tinted the person doing the tint noticed that the rear parcel shelf wasnt fitted correctly under the left hand rear panel. I have looked and cant see why this would be out of place and there is no movement in either the shelf or the rear panel for it to slot into place. The right hand side is perfectly fitted flush to the interior panel. Any ideas on what could have caused this please.

20190207_164316.jpg

The plastic part is pushed too far to the right, it should come over that part of the shelf. 

The guy installing your tints probably hasn’t put it all back together properly.

Try pushing the shelf down while pulling the plastic out 

36 minutes ago, KAS said:

The plastic part is pushed too far to the right, it should come over that part of the shelf. 

The guy installing your tints probably hasn’t put it all back together properly.

Try pushing the shelf down while pulling the plastic out 

Thanks Kas.

It was like this before they even started the tints so it came from the dealer like this. I assume there are no air bags to worry about in that area?

9 hours ago, benmmellor said:

nope - there's nothing critical behind that plastic. you should be able to just pull it back out into place as advised above.

well i tried to pull it back into place but it appears that the actual panel is bent out of shape towards the bottom, so when you pull it forward to line up with the shelf it just pulls back to the position in the pics. Any ideas what may have caused this before i strip the rear panels out to take a proper look. Thanks for the help so far.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Noticed mine is identical to yours @JohnM

Did you sort it in the end? 

Not 100%.

I managed to pull the panel out slightly but it looks as if at some point the rear shelf has been out and the panel has not been refitted correctly causing the plastic panel to warp out of shape. I'm off next week so weather providing I will have a better look.

Had a look at this last night... It feels pretty flimsy and easy to pull to where it looks like it should be but just snaps back to the wrong position again. Nothing else looks out of place and identical to the other side other than where it meets the parcel shelf.

There's a white bit of metal that looks like it should hold it in place (you can see it in the OP's pic) but even putting it over that doesn't fix it properly.

Think I'll leave it :D 

Mine has finally seated back into place. Just gently easy it out over the white plastic clip and then i just left it to work itself  back into position. I totally forgot about it until I cleaned the rear screen the other day and noticed there was no more gap and it has now lined up to the shelf.