Mike

Oil temp/pressure gauge

Looking at getting a gauge for oil pressure / temperature, specifically http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/Product/Signature Series Gauge Oil pressureOil Temperature (SS-301) as it'll show both at the same time.

What are the recommended take off points for the pressure / temperature sensors? I believe I'll probably need adaptors in some way so any details around fittings would be appreciated too :) 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Looking at getting a gauge for oil pressure / temperature, specifically http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/Product/Signature Series Gauge Oil pressureOil Temperature (SS-301) as it'll show both at the same time.

What are the recommended take off points for the pressure / temperature sensors? I believe I'll probably need adaptors in some way so any details around fittings would be appreciated too :) 

That's the gauge I've got. My temp sensor is plumbed into the sump and pressure from the block. 

Hello there Mike, I've got that gauge although slightly different. Two options I've found, you can mount the temp sensor straight into the hole where the standard pressure gauge is (this doesn't through cel as its basically an on off switch for a light on the dash). And the pressure sensor can go in the top of the block in the galley hole next to the throttle body. You will need an adapter for this. I think its M18x1.5 to 1/8bsp. But I'll check. 

Or get a sandwich plate adapter like the blitz one that can fit 3 sensorszwhich is easier and simpler but costs an extra 70 quid. 

Cheers Sam, from further research I'll probably go with a t piece + extension for the pressure (connect stock one + gauge sensor to it) - I found it's not good to connect the sensor direct to the engine as they can crack and the extension bit should make it neater.

Temperature can go in the plug you mentioned for the pressure apparently so that should work fine, can you double check the thread/size for the adaptor?

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/thread-adaptor-m18x1-5-male-to-1-8npt-female-adp-m18x15a

If your temp sensor is the same as mine then there is a high chance this won't work as the sensor end won't fit through the bottom of the fitting... (see image) Hence why my temp sensor is where the standard oil pressure sensor is.

fullsize_18685.jpg

Is there a way to check before buying? Suppose I could just get the adaptor and gauge and go from there.

Kinda confused how it can't screw through what is essentially a hole that it's meant to be screwed into!

OK so I actually purchased two of these and forgot. The second adapter the one I linked will work. Essentially the first i bought the diameter stepped down to a smaller size after the 1/8 thread if you get me. I checked the second one from merlin and that passes straight through, so should work.