Booboo

Early outing on track

Great members track day out on Anglesey Circuit on Sunday morning.  Was a bit nervous about the recent temps but miraculously weather warmed up overnight to approx 6 degrees when we arrived at 9am. Rain threatened later in the morning but the track remained dry. Only approx 15 vehicles attended so had plenty of time out on track. In fact I must have done about 20 laps throughout the day without another vehicle near me which was great for getting those lines perfect time after time.

My first few track days have been with all traction gadgets deployed but getting braver now and this was the first time the track button was depressed for the whole session. I span it just the once coming out of Rocket but as it was largely quiet on track not an issue

Check out those Cortina's🤗

IMG_5629 272KB.jpg

51373665_289795001719066_3253418592640696320_o.jpg

51080328_289794855052414_305325260817825792_o.jpg

It's always nice when it's quiet. I remember those times in the early days of track days. Weather does put people off it seems. Had an absolutely fabulous day at Donny only a week previous. It was fairly busy, but not an issue as such and I love the GP layout there. :)

I admit I've only ever driven on track with everything turned off, but given how intrusive the stability control is on the road, I can but imagine what a pain it is on the track. All off is the way forward to allow you to play with the car. :)

Your right, the traction control really does spoil the enjoyment once you get to know the limits and really push it. Is it likely to put more wear on the rear tyres?

Track button for now but once confident enough I will see how I get on with everything turned off 😀

Having the traction/stability control on will increase wear on your rear brakes, I would say as it will use the brakes to bring the car back into line. As for wear on the rear tyres, only really if you're drifting it! 

Very probably if TC/SC is used, alignment might be still stock? Then on track most probably outside of front tires will be worn most due OE alignment having front camber 0dg, far from optimal on track (-3dg or more depending on tires) with lot of side-G.