economicpygmy

OE Front Pads and Discs

My BRZ needs a new set of front pads and discs. OE works well for my road use and they have avoided becoming corroded, so unless there are recommendations that arnt much more in price Ill replace with OE. (In the past I have purchased cheaper discs for other cars but they always corrode heavily & not interested in drilled discs). 

I presume the BRZ and GT86 have the same spec discs? (ventilated 295)

With other cars I've been able to get OE parts cheaper but I cant find anywhere that sells OE parts for the BRZ/GT86; is this a Subaru/Toyota dealer purchase?

Does anyone know who makes the OE discs?

Cheers

You can just get them from Toyota. Maybe cheaper than Subaru, but not sure on that. I'd personally only use OEM discs, they aren't that expensive. As for pads there is plenty of choice in the aftermarket and a lot are quieter than the OEM ones. All UK cars are the 294mm front discs and the rears are vented. 

@economicpygmy

We offer front & rear OE replacement discs from EBC as mentioned above.

I personally went for National Auto grooved discs and EBC OE replacement rear ones and I'm very happy with them.

Front EBC OE Replacement Discs

Rear EBC OE Replacement Discs

Front National Auto Grooved Discs

If you decide to go with anything from our store, let me know, I will give you a discount code:) 

Brake-Discs-min-1024x768.jpg

3 hours ago, economicpygmy said:

Thanks guys.

Is there a part number lookup for Subaru? Trying to check which parts are available and if they differ with Toyota parts.

Toyota discs £110.80, pads £77.00 

Subaru discs £177.19, pads £127.55 

They don't differ they are the same. Subaru are just robbing you. 

14 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Ill just get the Toyota parts, pads are even marked as Subaru.

TBH its chicken feed after receiving the quote for the 60k service! For someone who has always serviced their own cars, 600 squid for filters, oil and plug change is great money if you can get it! I also called the Toyota dealer and they said the engine has to come out :lol:

2 hours ago, vanko25 said:

Try jp-carparts.com for part numbers. There is price in dollars too but I believe this is if ordering from japan. 

Thanks, the diagrams will also help as one of the washer jets isn't working (already checked the nozzle).

14 minutes ago, economicpygmy said:

TBH its chicken feed after receiving the quote for the 60k service! For someone who has always serviced their own cars, 600 squid for filters, oil and plug change is great money if you can get it! I also called the Toyota dealer and they said the engine has to come out :lol:

The engine absolutely definitely does not have to come out. Yes they have to lift it a bit, but it stays connected! I've had my plugs changed twice now. Diff oil is also included in the service, make sure it is done. 

There is a reason for it. Subaru do not have direct UK presence. Subaru of Japan sell it to subaru of Europe in the Netherlands who then sell it to International Motors, the subaru UK franchisee. This increases the cost. Toyota of Japan buy it from Subaru of Japan and send it to their UK distribution which is why it comes cheaper.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, economicpygmy said:

Engine has to come out 😂

16 minutes ago, economicpygmy said:

Thanks, the diagrams will also help as one of the washer jets isn't working (already checked the nozzle).

Hey where are you based?

9 minutes ago, Lauren said:

The engine absolutely definitely does not have to come out. Yes they have to lift it a bit, but it stays connected! I've had my plugs changed twice now. Diff oil is also included in the service, make sure it is done. 

6 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Engine has to come out 😂

Hey where are you based?

I couldn't even be bothered to respond.... it seems because I want it serviced this year due to stamp, warranty, time, other car in bits, I have to endure shysters. 

Gloucestershire.

15 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

There is a reason for it. Subaru do not have direct UK presence. Subaru of Japan sell it to subaru of Europe in the Netherlands who then sell it to International Motors, the subaru UK franchisee. This increases the cost. Toyota of Japan buy it from Subaru of Japan and send it to their UK distribution which is why it comes cheaper.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ah, I see.