ChrisKnottIns

More members set to benefit from Chris Knott service

More members set to benefit from Chris Knott service...

Hi,

Insurers have relaxed their rules under our car clubs and enthusiasts offering which means we should be able to help more of you get a better car insurance deal.

We'll still be applying common sense to our quotes but there'll no longer be hard and fast minimum driver age restrictions on models. Instead we'll be assessing risks on a case by case basis - looking for relevant driver and vehicle experience.

The Chris Knott scheme via this forum rewards safer drivers and we think there are more of you on the car club and enthusiasts scene than anywhere else in the UK.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 3 years and have 2 years NCB to use (gained on the quoted vehicle or another that can be mirrored across inc. company car).

We can now quote if you've had a fault claim as long as it was at least 12 months ago. Even if you have had a fault claim in the last 12 months, if the cost was under £2k we can still help.

If you can comply with these few criteria, there's a strong chance that Chris Knott will be your best option for car insurance this year.

Please put us to the test by calling 0800 917 2274 for a quote when your renewal falls due. Don't forget to mention this club/forum which will be your ticket to accessing this special car clubs and enthusiasts scheme.

Alternatively, you can complete contact details at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote/?ref=crit19 and we'll call you.

best,
Nick

I would just like to say that I'm in my second year of insurance with Chris Knott and the service has been absolutely first class, like no other insurance company or broker that I have dealt with previously.

When I call, I always get through to someone straight away and their staff are competent, articulate, and efficient. When they say that they will call you back, they always do.

They seem to take a common sense approach to modifications. I recently phoned to add another minor mod to my policy (some poly bush inserts), and I was told "no problem sir, we'll note that down on your list of modifications"; an amended list confirming the changes was Emailed to me within minutes; there was no rip-off admin fee for adding the mod.

Price wise, they were not the cheapest for me this year, but they were not far off my best quote.

I know that people will say that you only find out how good your insurance is when you come to make a claim, but on the based on the service I have received so far, I feel comfortable that I would be in good hands should an unfortunate situation arise.

Matt.

How do you treat non-fault claims where someone has been bumped by a car in the rear whilst queuing in traffic?

Insurance is coming up for renewal in a few months and I'm considering switching from my company insurance as they have switched from using ERS to Aviva as underwriters.

If it's a non-fault claim we need to know about it but it won't affect you being accepted onto the club product. If you're coming off company car insurance we'll just need a letter from the company stating your claims history. We'd love to quote for you.

SK postcodes are broken down into 99 risk areas by insurers (based on published crime data and the insurer's own claims experience) as follows...

Risk Areas:
1-24 - must be Kept Off Road overnight
25-40 - must specifically be Kept On Drive overnight
41-60 - must be Garaged overnight
61+ - No Quote at all

On 1/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, ChrisKnottIns said:

SK postcodes are broken down into 99 risk areas by insurers (based on published crime data and the insurer's own claims experience) as follows...

Risk Areas:
61+ - No Quote at all

This explains why your man on the phone @ chrisknottins said to me, "nah, we don't insure that postcode", as soon as he heard my postcode and without taking my personal details. That threw me. I thought I lived in a nice neighborhood, with spacious driveways, wide pavements, trees symmetrically aligned on both sides of the road, bins collected on time....and no car thefts that I've heard of. But I don't know everything that goes on in my area. If it was a problem, it'd be highlighted and a known problem. I do know this, my colleagues and friends in the neighboring affluent areas are suffering as there are far more car thefts in affluent areas.

Will try again at renewal point, but not holding my breath. Not until you change your risk appetite. 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, GETE86 said:

Not until you change your risk appetite. 

It's not OUR risk appetite - the criteria for the clubs and enthusiasts scheme is set by the insurance companies themselves to protect the scheme from undue risk. We're brokers. I'm sorry we couldn't help you under the scheme, though it does work very well for many people who can comply with the access criteria.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, ChrisKnottIns said:

Risk Areas:
61+ - No Quote at all

Are Manchester postcodes the same? Also, how can you tell what the risk areas are, is there a list somewhere?

The risk areas are determined by the insurers. They look as deep as the character after the space in a postcode, so TN34 3** for example when setting the area. We only know what area the code sits in when we run it through our system. If you'd like to check yours please PM me and I can check the requirements.

It went up when you remapped the car mid-term (you paid £28 to get you to the end of the policy year). The annualised premium for last year is shown on your renewal document. It doesn't include the £15 admin fee. The insurance premium has risen by £16.53 at this year's renewal.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:19 PM, GravelRash said:

Are you now able to insure people in Stockport or is it still a 'dangerous area'?

I got a quote with a Stockport postcode, SK8 (Heald Green), no problem. My car is always on my drive, but it was no issue. Where are you in Stockport?

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm up the road from you in Gatley Lauren and would need to garage my car for cover. 😕

Literally about three miles away! What a difference it seems to make. :o

Guest 86guns

Thought I’d share my experience with CK to give an alternative view. I transferred our 2 main cars to them last year and the premiums were just about comparable with Direct Line. However I was succumbed by the promise of a favourable quote when my TD NA modified GT86 came up for renewal. However that wasn’t to be as CK were more expensive than DL by some margin. Also a promise of a £50 discount on our house insurance was also pointless as CK were more expensive even with the £50 off. CK are also very aggressive with their email marketing, bombarding you with far too frequent “offers” to the extent that I had to ring them up to get them to stop. All hype and no trousers in my option, carefully using forums and car clubs to give an impression of competitiveness in selective markets.

It has to be remembered that no single insurance provider can guarantee to be the best price-wise for everyone, otherwise they'd insure the whole country and clearly no-one does that.

We are brokers with access to a number of insurers' products (including schemes that very few other brokers can access) but the quotes will ultimately always be reflective of the risk presented.

We won't be the cheapest for everyone but the facilities available to us, our service levels and our reputation mean that 4 in 10 who ask CK to quote end up purchasing the policy. 80% of our clients renew year after year. Those are both strong numbers in this highly competitive industry.

We gather data to help us understand where we sit in the market - car club members save 22% on average against their existing renewal when they switch to Chris Knott. It's working for many, though not for everyone. If we can't quote for you or we're not the cheapest it's not a personal affront.

@86guns surprised DL went anywhere near you with a modified car, that generally means a no go with them. I had a year with them and when cancelling the auto renewal they were more than happy to work on the price but as soon as I said I was planning on modifying it the renewal was cancelled within seconds.

As for CK, they were fine with me when I was insured with them, could get mods added just by sending them a PM on here. Only downfall was with their actual provider who was funny over parts of the car being wrapped which pushed the premium up so it was higher than other brokers. I'm not the only one to have the issue with CK, well, it's not strictly CK, it's their deals with the insurers they use.

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Literally about three miles away! What a difference it seems to make. :o

Mine's M22 (but still Stockport borough) by about 2 houses, not sure if that makes it worse or not.

Thought I’d share my experience with CK to give an alternative view. I transferred our 2 main cars to them last year and the premiums were just about comparable with Direct Line. However I was succumbed by the promise of a favourable quote when my TD NA modified GT86 came up for renewal. However that wasn’t to be as CK were more expensive than DL by some margin. Also a promise of a £50 discount on our house insurance was also pointless as CK were more expensive even with the £50 off. CK are also very aggressive with their email marketing, bombarding you with far too frequent “offers” to the extent that I had to ring them up to get them to stop. All hype and no trousers in my option, carefully using forums and car clubs to give an impression of competitiveness in selective markets.

With L&V, who are charging me £60 pa extra for td na upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk