Deacon

Rogue Motorsport longtube Uel and El manifolds

For anyone who doesn't use the FB group thought I'd share this picture of the new Rogue Motorsport Uel and El longtube manifolds they now offer. 

I'm running the El one and the power and, especially torque gains, are really impressive. 

Good to have even more good tuning options available! 

IMG_20190123_184647_762.thumb.jpg.14da38b1a092fcbf97414d8607f1145d.jpg

Picture is without the overpipe which also forms part of the runners on these. Think this is the only longtube Uel that uses the overpipe as part of the runners for our cars. 

Looks really good. The EL looks inspired by Ace design and is not an up and over design so better engine bay heat management. Could you share your gains/dyno charts to give us all an idea of actual gains to be expected. Also how much does it cost, is the other question that comes to mind.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

Looks really good. The EL looks inspired by Ace design and is not an up and over design so better engine bay heat management. Could you share your gains/dyno charts to give us all an idea of actual gains to be expected. Also how much does it cost, is the other question that comes to mind.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Price wise they are both about £1200 and obviously that's the manifold and overpipe. 

Dyno below shows my car with a Cobra non resonated catback, perrin intake hose, HKS drop in filter and EcuTek map against Rogue Motorsport El manifold, custom intake (but pre heat wrapping), Rogue Motorsport resonated sports cat pipe and HKS HiPower Spec L cat back

IMG_20181102_123537.jpg.4ba83b91db86ecf1c3b707d7ba4109c5.jpg

Torque gain in the dip peaks around 33lbft and power in the dip by about 25hp. Power gain at the top end is about 20hp.

They both, UEL included, seem to reuse ace design with making runners longer by reusing overpipe portion. But i guess in similar way to ace they probably even more so need proper ecu tune for good gains, as longtube headers deviate a lot from stock.

On 6/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, Deacon said:

Mapping was done by TD

As they have more welds It seems they are more prone to crack and leak so my guess is they are little bit lower quality than ACE headers, am I wrong?
I wonder how difficult is for TD to e-map them as he already mapped your car so no big job to remotely rescale my MAF and make minor changes.
They have by far the longest tubes and they give the best mid-range torque from all headers I have seen so far, and I don't compare with US guys that always post increased power on dynos compared with us in Europe!

On 2/5/2020 at 11:13 PM, JIM THEO said:

As they have more welds It seems they are more prone to crack and leak so my guess is they are little bit lower quality than ACE headers, am I wrong?
I wonder how difficult is for TD to e-map them as he already mapped your car so no big job to remotely rescale my MAF and make minor changes.
They have by far the longest tubes and they give the best mid-range torque from all headers I have seen so far, and I don't compare with US guys that always post increased power on dynos compared with us in Europe!

The Rogue manifold is handmade whereas some of the ACE types are machine welded and some are handwelded so it depends which types you're comparing really. I have had zero problems with my Rogue manifold and no issues from the extra welds as the welding is high quality.

I've no idea on remote mapping - I'm not sure that's something TD offer but you'd have to check with them directly. My intake set up is quite some way from stock so I'm also not sure how easy it would be to adapt the map remotely. Again speaking to Mike at TD is probably your best bet for the mapping side 👍

AFAIK,TD dont remote map. Mark at Abbey Motorsport has a lot of experience mapping ACE manifolds and is an authorised ace dealer. He is your best bet to speak to regarding a tune.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

AFAIK,TD dont remote map. Mark at Abbey Motorsport has a lot of experience mapping ACE manifolds and is an authorised ace dealer. He is your best bet to speak to regarding a tune.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, is what I found myself, I contacted him as TD don't e-map while Mark is quite experienced with this type of manifolds!

2 minutes ago, MartinT said:

@Deacon are you still happy with your Rogue EL manifold? Pricing and availability seem stable now, I'm just wondering if you've had any problems with it?

Absolutely. One of the best things I've done to the car. I've had absolutely zero issues and would whole heartedly recommend it.

Here's my improved torque (green/yellow plots) for the Rogue EL versus the TD UEL (red plot).  ECUTeK tune done at Abbey Motorsport.

Harrop supercharger, HKS intake duct, TD super-resonated full exhaust.

50119372548_246d624ae7_o.jpg

On 8/26/2020 at 9:58 AM, sxocpaul said:

Has anyone gone with the unequal length manifold?

Interested in this too.

It's the only UEL with a 4-2-1 design from what I gather?