Sign in to follow this  
Kaltorak

Forum performance

Alex the Sailor is aware, he hosts the server. He is on holiday in Tenerife at the moment so I've been getting him out of the pool to fix it a few times a day for the last few days. He's going to have a proper look when he gets home. He has had a GT86 since launch but isn't active in the club. 

Yeah - it is a bit of a game of whackamole from time to time. We get floods of automated traffic trying to abuse parts of the old Wordpress installation which are still kicking around. That in turn consumes resources to the point where the DB server taps out. I add more blocks in the firewall and it stops again for a while. Rob and I are going to kill the remaining bits of Wordpress which are still around to eliminate that problem.

We also tried putting Cloudflare in front of the site for some protection and speed improvement, but it doesn't really work with the forums without a lot more work involved, so we've reversed that change.

And yeah, i've had mine since before launch, one of the other 100k+ mileage cars :)